Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so compared to most students who have taken gaps in their education, I wouldn't say mine is drastic but it has thrown me off. I haven't been studying for about 3/4 months and now I have to do it again and I'm struggling to get back into it, I feel lazy and I kind of just want to sleep all the time. It's not even that I want to go out and drink and party, I kinda just want to sleep and eat which sounds extremely bad and lazy of me, I'm usually not like this, I used to be up early, active and doing things but now that I'm living out I don't even have my parents to yell at me to get out of bed or to do stuff.

Anyone else having a similar struggle? Any tips on how to get out of this *****y cycle?

ReputationRep:
    Try to push yourself to go out more. At the moment, it is all to easy just to do nothing all day, but it isn't good for you. Even just going for a walk or going to the library to study will change your current routine. You could meet up with course mates or friends. Try to create a new routine that allows you to relax and study well at the same time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.