Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is this a slight over reaction from a flat mate about swivel stools or is this normal Watch

ReputationRep:
    A flat mate has sent a message saying

"i dont mean to sound like im nagging but ive noticed the swivel stools are all at didferent hights sometimes and i just think if you have used a stool it should return to full hight before leaving the kitchen.

is it normal or not
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Probably has OCD or something, it's not normal but it's not that big of a deal either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)
    Probably has OCD or something, it's not normal but it's not that big of a deal either.
    ohh i thought it wasnt normal
    he was being serious as i found out when i made a joke about it but it turns out he wasnt best pleased and now he seems to be constantly pissed off with me
    • Very Important Poster

Its a bit petty imo, but as said above its just them and they are super fussy. I would either ignore, send something sarcastic or go out of my way to non comply.

Maybe get her to reserve a stool for herself and a marker which height she wants it to be at.

ReputationRep:
    no it isnt normal
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    send them

''there's kids dying and y'all worry about some uneven height of stools''

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but that would just make me want to do it even more.

ReputationRep:
    turn them upside down

ReputationRep:
    It's probably a touch of OCD. It obviously means something if he has mentioned it. You / your other flatmates could take two seconds to sort this out after using them, just to make him feel a little less bother by it. It would calm him down and probably be less of a headache for the rest of you for not doing it.

Although if he is just being a bit of an idiot, then tell him to get a grip. You can tell this better than we can.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I've seen this on Twitter...

ReputationRep:
    I've seen this on a meme this morning you plagiarising ****

ReputationRep:
    Mr messiah it wasnt a meme i was in that group chat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I've seen this on a meme this morning you plagiarising ****
    mr messiah it wasnt a meme i was in that group chat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its a bit petty imo, but as said above its just them and they are super fussy. I would either ignore, send something sarcastic or go out of my way to non comply.

Maybe get her to reserve a stool for herself and a marker which height she wants it to be at.
    i do agree with you as i have tried to ignore him but he wont stop going on about it he is so fussy about it all he wont the matter
    I really dont know what to do i have had enough of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodredbeat)
    It's probably a touch of OCD. It obviously means something if he has mentioned it. You / your other flatmates could take two seconds to sort this out after using them, just to make him feel a little less bother by it. It would calm him down and probably be less of a headache for the rest of you for not doing it.

Although if he is just being a bit of an idiot, then tell him to get a grip. You can tell this better than we can.
    i really have had enough of him he wont shut up ahout it ive tryed ignoring him bur he just wont stop it with the passive aggressive anf sarcastc comments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    I'm sorry but that would just make me want to do it even more.
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    send them

''there's kids dying and y'all worry about some uneven height of stools''
    he wont shut up about his stools
    i really think i should report him to the relevant authorties about it and get him kicked out of the flat
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by marklow)
    he wont shut up about his stools
    i really think i should report him to the relevant authorties about it and get him kicked out of the flat
    Now you are being as ridiculous as him. Just either give him his own stool or have a house meeting and all tell him to do one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.