Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    help

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't put your personal statement online, now you have to re do it or you will be told it was plagiarize!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloehughes.xo)
    In the 21st century prose, poetry and drama are being overcome by a technological world that is blinding our generation to the beauty of literature. However, as a student of English and Drama I see the vital importance of embracing and appreciating the works of authors such as Charlotte Bronte’s classics and George Orwell’s contemporary dystopian novels, and fully understand the relevance they have today. My reasoning for wanting to pursue my studies in these subjects is down to the passion I have for them. My love for analysing and reading a variety of different novels and plays is down to the fundamental idea that literature is subjective, there is no right or wrong answer and this allows individuals to draw their own conclusions and opinions on any literary text. Becoming a teacher has been an ambition I have had for many years, I truly believe by enhancing my knowledge in literature and drama that I will develop the skills and attributes for becoming a successful and influential teacher. My success in both subjects has been proven throughout my education and I was elated to finish Year 12 with a B in both Literature and Drama.

Throughout my A-Level courses, I have been given the opportunity to study an assortment of different plays, poems, and novels which otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to learn in such depth. For instance, in my Theatre Studies course, I have performed, analyzed and watched a variety of both contemporary and classical texts ranging from ‘Antigone’ by Sophocles to ‘Punk Rock’ by Simon Stephens. It is these plays amongst a variety of additional texts that have improved my ability in both my practical and theoretical work. I strongly believe that I can develop these skills and apply them to my further education. Additionally, in my Literature course, I have studied a variety of texts including work by Margret Atwood and William Shakespeare. It is these insightful pieces of literature that have enabled me to develop my analytical skills as well as gaining a basic and comprehensive knowledge in critical writing.

Studying English Literature and Drama as a joint degree will allow me to develop and thrive on a variety of skills I have acquired during my education. My determination and ambition are shown through my extracurricular achievements such as my merit award in my LAMDA exam; I worked extremely hard to perfect both of my monologues and develop my acting skills as an individual. On the back of this, I thoroughly enjoy attending the theatre as often as I can and I recently watched a performance of Jane Eyre. This contemporary adaption of an excellent novel allowed me to appreciate and truly grasp how literature and drama fit hand in hand.

Additionally, my work as an assistant drama teacher for children aged 4-11 allowed me to develop my leadership abilities in a drama based environment. I developed skills such as organisation, time management, leadership and giving directions. Also, since 2014 I have been volunteering at Norden Farm Centre for Arts. I have worked in the box office and behind the bar as well as assisting in drama, dance and art workshops. Finally, my work as a playworker at Lowbrook Academy has taught me leadership skills in a more structured environment, that is geared towards education. Overall, I believe the work experience I have acquired will benefit me immensely when beginning my degree, due to the abundance of transferable skills I have gained.

With a clear end goal in sight, my determination and ambition are what drives me to succeed. I genuinely believe that by studying English and Drama I will develop and thrive in both my theoretical and practical work. It is this success that I hope to sustain as I embark on the next stages of my education.

Need some feedback?????
    English lit and Drama
    Well done, you need to start all over again. This has now been indexed by Google and will show on the UCAS plagiarism filter. UCAS specifically states not to post your personal statement anywhere online. If you use this personal statement your application will be cancelled by UCAS for plagiaraism.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloehughes.xo)
    Rewrite your PS
    You can't use your PS at all now, as it's been plagiarised by yourself by posting on here

ReputationRep:
    This is both tragic yet hilarious at once.

Sorry about this, but you need to rewrite it entirely. You cannot just reword it, either, as the plagiarism systems catch minor alterations to available documents.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.