Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    in my GCSE's, I got A*A*A*A*AAAABB, and for A levels I am taking Physics, Maths, Economics and further maths, all to my second year (we don't do AS's).

What I really need right now is an honest opinion, that doesn't come from anyone I know (my parents somehow think I will get into any Uni I want as long as I apply), on if it is a waste of an application for me or not?

I honestly think I shouldn't go anywhere near LSE, but I'd like some clarification as to what the best option is, as I have read that most people accepted average 7A*'s.

(Course is Economics)

ReputationRep:
    U have 5 options, i dont see much problem with 'gambling' one option on lse. However if u dont wanna go there dont feel forced to apply.

Which course?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymouse 921)
    in my GCSE's, I got A*A*A*A*AAAABB, and for A levels I am taking Physics, Maths, Economics and further maths, all to my second year (we don't do AS's).

What I really need right now is an honest opinion, that doesn't come from anyone I know (my parents somehow think I will get into any Uni I want as long as I apply), on if it is a waste of an application for me or not?

I honestly think I shouldn't go anywhere near LSE, but I'd like some clarification as to what the best option is, as I have read that most people accepted average 7A*'s.
    Depends on what course you're applying to. For competitive courses like law and Economics yeah, your GCSEs maybe slightly under the requirements. Even then a good PS and predicted grades make up for it.

However take maths and economics, avg no. of A*s at GCSE is 4. So you're good for lots of other courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaanv)
    U have 5 options, i dont see much problem with 'gambling' one option on lse. However if u dont wanna go there dont feel forced to apply.

Which course?
    Economics or Accounting and Finance

ReputationRep:

(Course is Economics)
    If LSE would be your first choice I'd say it's worth a shot - you get 5 choices after all, which you don't really need. Where else are you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bpn365)
    If LSE would be your first choice I'd say it's worth a shot - you get 5 choices after all, which you don't really need. Where else are you thinking of applying?
    At the moment I'm trying to be realistic, so reading is in the mix, Nottingham etc. My worst fear in life is being rejected or failing, so I'm keeping my options low down in the league table for security, no Russell groups save LSE...

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm trying to be realistic, so reading is in the mix, Nottingham etc. My worst fear in life is being rejected or failing, so I'm keeping my options low down in the league table for security, no Russell groups save LSE...
    What are ur predicted grades? What grades do u think u will get in the best and worst case scenarios?

ReputationRep:
    I’d say go for LSE and at least one other top 10(ish) university (e.g. Notts, Durham, Bristol, Bath)

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, I'm sitting on A*AA, although at this rate (I've been suffering from depression), I feel as if I'll get AAB, perhaps... worst case BBB...
    I would chose lse, then have a look through other top unis entry requirements and pic a spectrum of grades.

Hope u do well

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely good enough for Russell Group unis, so don't be put off applying for them.

Also, while you have don't have straight A*s at GCSE, your grades aren't bad, and you're doing a really good subject combination (pretty much standard for everyone I know doing economics at LSE).

It's only one choice, so go for it. And don't put off applying for another top uni for economics like Warwick.

Have two aspirational choices - e.g. LSE, Warwick
    Two good realistic choices - e.g. Bath, Lancaster, Exeter, Birmingham
    One insurance choice - e.g. Reading

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are fine for LSE, I'm doing Econ History here and I got 5 C's at GCSE! It literally all depends on how good your personal statement is as that is the only way you can show your passion for the course you want to study.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.