Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,
    basically me and my friend have not been close for a really long time now. I know we are very different and im sure that if she had the choice again she wouldn't befriend me in thee first place. Anyways, i try and suggest for stuff we can do but we never do them or if we do it's mostly met with stony silence from both parts (even if i don't mean too)...
    i just miss her so much but i honetsly know she doesn't, and in this case i cannnot see her ever being as close to me again.
    is there anything i can do to make me feel better about this situation?
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FerrisaBuellera)
    Hi Everyone,
    basically me and my friend have not been close for a really long time now. I know we are very different and im sure that if she had the choice again she wouldn't befriend me in thee first place. Anyways, i try and suggest for stuff we can do but we never do them or if we do it's mostly met with stony silence from both parts (even if i don't mean too)...
    i just miss her so much but i honetsly know she doesn't, and in this case i cannnot see her ever being as close to me again.
    is there anything i can do to make me feel better about this situation?
    thank you
    Hey I am sorry to hear that! I am James. I felt like my relationship with my girlfriend was going that way. I put my advice in this video. I hope it helps. x

https://youtu.be/B1VCduuk3aQ

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes friends just grow apart. Have you both made the effort to keep the friendship going? I get the feeling only you have

It might be best to move on. Try making new friends that you share interests with and enjoy spending time with, or if you have good friends already, concentrate on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Sometimes friends just grow apart. Have you both made the effort to keep the friendship going? I get the feeling only you have

It might be best to move on. Try making new friends that you share interests with and enjoy spending time with, or if you have good friends already, concentrate on them.
    Hey, sorry it took me long to reply, i'm kind of new to this.
    Thanks for the advice, i think you're right.
    sadly for me, she's now angry and i have no clue why so i think that i'll just try and focus on the good friends i have.
    Thanks again to both you and James, your suggestions were nice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.