The Student Room Group

Still quite upset about this tweet...

I tend to fixate a lot on my work (especially academically). One of my teachers recently said to me that I need to 'get a life', he didn't say it in a mean way and I could tell it was advice. My main question here relates to below. One of the students in my class wrote about it on Twitter (they didn't name me) They simply said along the lines of 'when a teacher tells student to #get a life it makes everyone feel awkward'. I don't follow this person directly - one of their followers (whom I follow and is also in my class for this subject) retweeted this, hence I saw it. It was only retweeted once. I sort of struggle to understand the meaning of the tweet, especially the feel akward bit. Is it like they are laughing at me by writing it, or does the 'awkward' bit sugest sympathy and is being supportive? I feel more annoyed/upset about the person in my class writing about it on Twitter than the comments of my teacher themselves. Is the tweet supportive or are they laughing at me/making fun of me by tweeting it?

This happened a little bit ago but I am still thinking about it and feel upset about the tweet. Why do you think they tweeted it?
Reply 1
Hey, I totally get your anxieties about this! Don't worry though. It's a great thing to be focused on your work - and I'm sure he was just joking, even if he wasn't, it's still not a bad thing. Tweet wise, I'm sure they're more on about how a teacher's kind of inappropriate comment made them feel awkward rather than you. They probably tweeted it without even a second thought, I'm very much doubtful it means anything malicious at all.

Keep working hard, and do your best to move on X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending