Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I’m so happy to be part of this forum!
    So, I’m trying to get into Cambridge, and I’m filling in the SAQ questionnaire. It says that I need a PDF with my high school transcript, which I guess is my report cards of the last two years with all my grades on them (I go to a school in Italy).
    Well, I read on the Cambridge website that they need to be translated into English! I can easily get the PDF’s of my report cards, but how do I translate them from Italian into English? Can I modify the scanned report card on my own and then get it approved by the headmistress?
    Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JFChris)
    So, I’m trying to get into Cambridge, and I’m filling in the SAQ questionnaire. It says that I need a PDF with my high school transcript, which I guess is my report cards of the last two years with all my grades on them (I go to a school in Italy).
    Well, I read on the Cambridge website that they need to be translated into English! I can easily get the PDF’s of my report cards, but how do I translate them from Italian into English? Can I modify the scanned report card on my own and then get it approved by the headmistress?
    Thank you in advance
    There is a sample layout on the website, which I have used

ReputationRep:
    Thank you in advance
    You can translate it yourself as long as you also attach the untranslated original to the PDF.

I translated mine (didn't use the exact same layout as on the website, but something similar) and then got them approved by my head of sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themight)
    There is a sample layout on the website, which I have used
    Where can I find it? I have only found a PDF document with a sample. Great. So the translation doesn’t have to be an official document from the school!

(Original post by JackNott)
    You can translate it yourself as long as you also attach the untranslated original to the PDF.

I translated mine (didn't use the exact same layout as on the website, but something similar) and then got them approved by my head of sixth form
    Thank you! Can I create a layout on my own?

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find it? I have only found a PDF document with a sample. Great. So the translation doesn’t have to be an official document from the school!

I think as longs as makes sense and contains all the relevant information, yes.
    I asked in the Admissions Tutor thread whether I could be more like the originals from school and not like the samples and they said yes.

ReputationRep:

I am not sure, but don’t you need a school stamp on the translated transcripts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackNott)
    I think as longs as makes sense and contains all the relevant information, yes. I asked in the Admissions Tutor thread whether I could be more like the originals from school and not like the samples and they said yes.
    Thank you for your help! I have already told my school administration to send me the report cards. I will work with Word then.

(Original post by themight)
    I am not sure, but don’t you need a school stamp on the translated transcripts?
    It says that they must be approved by the school. So I guess it is with a stamp and with my headmistress’ signature (I can even photoshop in the stamp in haha, but it’s easier to get it directly approved by the school).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.