Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am doing my axiology’s project. I need to find out british students’ opinions about education and to compare british students’ opinions with opinions of the students from my native country. Please, give your opinion or thoughts about follow questions:
    1. What is your attide to education?
    2. How important is eduction for you?
    3. What place does education take in your life?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1. I believe that good education solves many of the world's problems. It's the key to unlock happiness (in a general sense), however education can take many forms
    2. Education is extremely important for me, as it helps me achieve what I want to be in the future
    3. Education takes a very high place in my priority list, but it is after food :eating:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashtan)
    1. I believe that good education solves many of the world's problems. It's the key to unlock happiness (in a general sense), however education can take many forms
    2. Education is extremely important for me, as it helps me achieve what I want to be in the future
    3. Education takes a very high place in my priority list, but it is after food :eating:
    What subject do you study?
    btw, thanks for your answer
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1. What is your attitude to education?

I think it can be really positive and unlock so many pathways. Many people in poorer countries don't have access to it even if they wanted it so we should be grateful that it's so easily accessible. However, I disagree with the fact that it's compulsory for students in the UK to be in some form until 18, as, for many people, it's not something they're interested in or necessarily good at. It's unfair to force students to give up five days of their life every week if they genuinely couldn't care less about learning.

2. How important is education for you?

I think, because I've always had it and it's never going to be taken away, I probably don't value it as much as I should. At GCSE level it wasn't very important to me because I resented being forced to take subjects I didn't enjoy - I only liked three out of my 10 courses - but now I'm in further education it's more important as I know I'm getting closer to getting a good degree and a good job. I think the realisation of its importance, or at least its opportunities, grows with age.

It's important and a priority when I'm in the school working environment, but when I'm at home in my own time it's pushed quite far to the bottom. It's always there in my mind, and I do take time whenever there's homework to complete it, but I don't spend hours revising each night. I can think of many more prioritised things than education, such as family and friend quality time.

ReputationRep:
    1. I really think its the most important factor in reducing poverty, and increasing health and happiness. Whether this is by educating those in LEDC's about the use of contraception, or by educating someone about there passion.

2. It's very important to me, both introspectively and to help others.

3. Education is a large part of my life, I enjoy it and want to use it for good.

ReputationRep:
    Education, at least to a basic level (numeracy and literacy) is crucial for any kind of employment, as such I think education is highly important. When you look at socioeconomic status and education as well, they are also clearly linked. Those with better opportunities and higher education tend to do better in life (in terms of job status, income etc) than those without. Therefore I think education is very important in bridging many of the inequalities in society.

2. How important is education for you?
    Very important, so far my education is all I have to show for myself. While I did not enjoy my undergraduate degree, I have found a new sense of hope and passion in my MSc. My current education and the passion it gives me is opening up opportunities for me that I would not have otherwise had.

I am a current MSc student, so it at the moment is the majority of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricaMiller)
    What subject do you study?
    btw, thanks for your answer
    I'm doing A Levels in Bio, Chem and Maths (Year 12)
    And no problemo

ReputationRep:
    It is something that will open doors for me in the future and of course give me a deeper understanding of the world. I personally enjoy the actual process of learning a lot, perhaps more so than finding what I'm learning interesting, so it's also a way to stimulate my brain (and probably stop me going crazy from boredom haha). In a lot of ways, it is a chore to do homework and go to school, but at the end of the day I do enjoy it and I do want good results that will get me somewhere valuable in life. I guess in that way it's also a means to an end (that 'end' hopefully being a job I enjoy).

2. How important is eduction for you?
    Extremely. I've been brought up in a family, community, and country that puts an immense amount of value in education and academia. Other than that, I'd like to think it's a way of bettering myself.

It takes up a good 70% of my life these days, whether I'm physically doing work, being at school, or thinking about my education/future, so it's definitely a big part of my life. It's what gives me a reason to actually get out of bed and gives me a routine, so it's a pretty integral part of everything for me.

ReputationRep:
    1. Never allow schooling to interfere with your education. Read around, or completely away from, what you study in school. In my experience the a level system in the UK is totally mark scheme focused and not based on learning and understanding but on results. I do, however, understand and appreciate the importance of getting decent exam results.

2. Education is extremely important to me - the only way for me to get where I want to go in life is to get the grades. That's not to say I don't enjoy education, I do, but not necessarily college based learning.

3. It takes a massive place in my life. It's my main focus at the moment as I'm doing my a levels. I enjoy learning and I want this hard work to amount to something in the future, either through biomedical research or as a doctor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.