Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What can I do to make my non-exam assessment(coursework) a grade 7 or above piece of work? Currently I am making a report for a programming task and I am also developing the program along the way but there are so many obstacles like the program not working as it was intended to and I receive annoying errors every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    You mentioned you are getting annoying errors, this in a way is a positive. Write about these errors in your analysis and how you solved them (you will!) or how you worked around them. Also, a way to get easy marks is by having a good detailed success criteria. Assuming you are doing OCR the mark scheme says:

'There is detailed discussion of testing and success criteria.'

'There is clear and logical
    decomposition of larger tasks into component parts. '

Make sure you have a good decomposition, it's a simple task that can get you 12 marks.

Also, a good use of definitions in your program should get you some good marks, only use them for relevant blocks of code (validating etc.)

Make sure you have good simple variable names for example: don't use names such as 'nameofcountry' when you could use 'countryname'. Its small things like this that will show examiners that you are confident in your code and have a strong understanding of the language you are doing.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieEl7)
    You mentioned you are getting annoying errors, this in a way is a positive. Write about these errors in your analysis and how you solved them (you will!) or how you worked around them. Also, a way to get easy marks is by having a good detailed success criteria. Assuming you are doing OCR the mark scheme says:

'There is detailed discussion of testing and success criteria.'

'There is clear and logical
    decomposition of larger tasks into component parts. '

Make sure you have a good decomposition, it's a simple task that can get you 12 marks.

Also, a good use of definitions in your program should get you some good marks, only use them for relevant blocks of code (validating etc.)

Make sure you have good simple variable names for example: don't use names such as 'nameofcountry' when you could use 'countryname'. Its small things like this that will show examiners that you are confident in your code and have a strong understanding of the language you are doing.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.