Turn on thread page Beta

Would I get into medicine in this situation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetically if I were to achieve A*AA, in English Literature, Biology, and Chemistry would I have a chance of getting into medicine provided I got only 1A* 4As 4Bs and 3Cs in my GCSEs. I got the C in Maths but my sciences were A grade at GCSE. I am aware the UKCAT/BMAT would have to be taken however in terms of grades would I be a likely candidate to be accepted into medicine after taking out a gap year to apply again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimingforupthere)
    Hypothetically if I were to achieve A*AA, in English Literature, Biology, and Chemistry would I have a chance of getting into medicine provided I got only 1A* 4As 4Bs and 3Cs in my GCSEs. I got the C in Maths but my sciences were A grade at GCSE. I am aware the UKCAT/BMAT would have to be taken however in terms of grades would I be a likely candidate to be accepted into medicine after taking out a gap year to apply again?
    Possible. Look at medical schools who don't have high GCSE requirements and don't need at least a B in maths at GCSE.

As an example, you could get into Imperial provided your A* came in biology or chemistry and not English Literature. Imperial don't look at GCSEs.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.