Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The way I look is bothering me so much Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and I've never had a boyfriend. All my friends constantly have boys messaging them and I can't even get a boy to look at me. I kno it's isn't really a big deal at this age, but if i get to 20 and I've still never had a boyfriend, that's when I'll know there's something horrible wrong with me.

I also have autism but it doesn't affect me that much, but I still have to pay attention to the way I move and talk so I don't look autistic. I try to force myself to be normal basically and I don't think I'm trying hard enough.

I also think I'm really ugly. Does this sound like an ugly girl to you? I'm 5"4 and I weigh 10 or 11 stone. Be honest is that fat? Please be honest. I'm going on a diet either way. I feel like my weight makes my face look ugly and if I was skinnier boys would fancy me. I also have big ears but I hide them with my hair, but my hairs horrible as well. I have damaged, shorter hairs at the corners of my face and they go into cows licks and to top it off I used to have a full fringe but then grew it out, but now it's REALLY thin and just hangs off my face. And then my cows licks can be seen under them. I cant straighten my hair because I'm trying to grow it. I plan on getting plastic surgery on my ears but god knows how. Apparently it's hard to get it free on the NHS and I can't talk to my mum about it because she just shouts at me. I can't get a job because yet I'm nit good st anything and I don't have good social skills and I don't understand how financially works so it'll probably be a few years before I can get a job. And then many more years of saving up for ear surgery. So then I won't get a boyfriend till I'm like 25. If I had a pretty face I wouldn't care about my ears but, I have a face like a snotty 2 year old. That doesn't go well with big ears.

I hate my life. I hate myself so much. I wish I could kill myself but I'm scared of what will happen when I die.

So why don't I have a boyfriend? Is it because of my autism or because of my appearance? If I don't have a boyfriend before I'm 20 there must be something horribly wrong with me. I might even get surgery on my entire face. There's no hope for a girl as ugly as me.

Something I hear a lot is "oh it's because you don't talk to people" but that's something I've struggled with all my life. I know girls who are even quieter than me, and boys still fancy them. So I don't think it's because I don't talk.

Something else I hear a lot is "oh it's your personality that matters" i have a horrible personality. I'm weird, I stutter, I walk weird, I can't relate to anyone, I get offended easily and I'm not interested in what normal teenagers are. Even if I did have a good personality, I'd still be ugly. Looks do matter. It's human nature. I wish it wasn't true but is it and it makes me so depressed.

Another thing I hear is "oh you need to be more confident/funny/happy" but then I'd just be an ugly girl who's confident/funny/happy. So boys till wouldn't like me.

It's getting to the point where I think about it everyday. I cry at myself in my phone camera every single day. If I see happy couples it makes me depressed because if I wasn't such an ugly pig, someone would love me. Nobody's ever going to love me unless I dramatically change my appearance. Here's what I want to do to try and get boys to like me: lose at least 2 stone, get plastic surgery on my ears (and possibly my face as well) grow my hair (which will take years) and I'm going to try and be more happy and confident. I'm also going to try and hide my autism. I feel like if it's not my appearance that's driving boys away, it's my weirdness. Trying to be happy is going to be really hard for my, because I'm never happy. I can't help it. But I'm going to have to try.

Nobody even cares about me at this point. All of my friends have stopped talking to me, even though they know full well how much I need them and how depressed I am. Could the reason be because I'm never happy? Friend support me for a few months, but as I get worse they stop talking to me and it makes me want to kill myself.

Also, please don't hate me. Please try to understand the situation I'm in. When I talk to people about my problems, I get told I'm being silly and to stop it. Eventually people get bored of me because of my problems. They don't know what it's like to go through a whole day and not being able to stop remembering how ugly you (I) are and it ruining your entire week.

So.....I don't know what else to say. I don't know what else to do. I feel like I'll still be ugly after losing weight, getting surgery and growing my hair. I don't want to die alone. I don't want to be in my 20's and watch pretty girls my age be happy and have boyfriends and have kids. I don't want to be alone. I want a boy to fancy me.I want a boy to think I'm good looking. But I'm not. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I want people to like me. I want people to care about me. I want to kiss a boy. I want someone to love me. I can't be in my 20's and people realise I haven't kissed a boy at that age. It's bloody embarrassing.

So here's the real question, if boys don't fancy me at 16 and never have.....am I ugly? Because boys care about looks. They do. Don't tell me they don't. You wouldn't go out with an ugly girl would you?

Sorry if this sounds phsyco but it's bothering my so much. I've been worrying non stop about boys not liking me since I was TEN. don't know why, just have.

I'm absolutely TERRIFIED that boys think I'm ugly. If I ever found out that a boy thought I was ugly, I'd probably kill myself or at least think about it.

So yeah that's it. That's everything that's on my mind. Just wanted to vent.....sorry if I sounded crazy but it's true. Please don't hate me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilgsmwamh)
    I'm 16 and I've never had a boyfriend. All my friends constantly have boys messaging them and I can't even get a boy to look at me. I kno it's isn't really a big deal at this age, but if i get to 20 and I've still never had a boyfriend, that's when I'll know there's something horrible wrong with me.

I also have autism but it doesn't affect me that much, but I still have to pay attention to the way I move and talk so I don't look autistic. I try to force myself to be normal basically and I don't think I'm trying hard enough.

I also think I'm really ugly. Does this sound like an ugly girl to you? I'm 5"4 and I weigh 10 or 11 stone. Be honest is that fat? Please be honest. I'm going on a diet either way. I feel like my weight makes my face look ugly and if I was skinnier boys would fancy me. I also have big ears but I hide them with my hair, but my hairs horrible as well. I have damaged, shorter hairs at the corners of my face and they go into cows licks and to top it off I used to have a full fringe but then grew it out, but now it's REALLY thin and just hangs off my face. And then my cows licks can be seen under them. I cant straighten my hair because I'm trying to grow it. I plan on getting plastic surgery on my ears but god knows how. Apparently it's hard to get it free on the NHS and I can't talk to my mum about it because she just shouts at me. I can't get a job because yet I'm nit good st anything and I don't have good social skills and I don't understand how financially works so it'll probably be a few years before I can get a job. And then many more years of saving up for ear surgery. So then I won't get a boyfriend till I'm like 25. If I had a pretty face I wouldn't care about my ears but, I have a face like a snotty 2 year old. That doesn't go well with big ears.

I hate my life. I hate myself so much. I wish I could kill myself but I'm scared of what will happen when I die.

So why don't I have a boyfriend? Is it because of my autism or because of my appearance? If I don't have a boyfriend before I'm 20 there must be something horribly wrong with me. I might even get surgery on my entire face. There's no hope for a girl as ugly as me.

Something I hear a lot is "oh it's because you don't talk to people" but that's something I've struggled with all my life. I know girls who are even quieter than me, and boys still fancy them. So I don't think it's because I don't talk.

Something else I hear a lot is "oh it's your personality that matters" i have a horrible personality. I'm weird, I stutter, I walk weird, I can't relate to anyone, I get offended easily and I'm not interested in what normal teenagers are. Even if I did have a good personality, I'd still be ugly. Looks do matter. It's human nature. I wish it wasn't true but is it and it makes me so depressed.

Another thing I hear is "oh you need to be more confident/funny/happy" but then I'd just be an ugly girl who's confident/funny/happy. So boys till wouldn't like me.

It's getting to the point where I think about it everyday. I cry at myself in my phone camera every single day. If I see happy couples it makes me depressed because if I wasn't such an ugly pig, someone would love me. Nobody's ever going to love me unless I dramatically change my appearance. Here's what I want to do to try and get boys to like me: lose at least 2 stone, get plastic surgery on my ears (and possibly my face as well) grow my hair (which will take years) and I'm going to try and be more happy and confident. I'm also going to try and hide my autism. I feel like if it's not my appearance that's driving boys away, it's my weirdness. Trying to be happy is going to be really hard for my, because I'm never happy. I can't help it. But I'm going to have to try.

Nobody even cares about me at this point. All of my friends have stopped talking to me, even though they know full well how much I need them and how depressed I am. Could the reason be because I'm never happy? Friend support me for a few months, but as I get worse they stop talking to me and it makes me want to kill myself.

Also, please don't hate me. Please try to understand the situation I'm in. When I talk to people about my problems, I get told I'm being silly and to stop it. Eventually people get bored of me because of my problems. They don't know what it's like to go through a whole day and not being able to stop remembering how ugly you (I) are and it ruining your entire week.

So.....I don't know what else to say. I don't know what else to do. I feel like I'll still be ugly after losing weight, getting surgery and growing my hair. I don't want to die alone. I don't want to be in my 20's and watch pretty girls my age be happy and have boyfriends and have kids. I don't want to be alone. I want a boy to fancy me.I want a boy to think I'm good looking. But I'm not. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I want people to like me. I want people to care about me. I want to kiss a boy. I want someone to love me. I can't be in my 20's and people realise I haven't kissed a boy at that age. It's bloody embarrassing.

So here's the real question, if boys don't fancy me at 16 and never have.....am I ugly? Because boys care about looks. They do. Don't tell me they don't. You wouldn't go out with an ugly girl would you?

Sorry if this sounds phsyco but it's bothering my so much. I've been worrying non stop about boys not liking me since I was TEN. don't know why, just have.

I'm absolutely TERRIFIED that boys think I'm ugly. If I ever found out that a boy thought I was ugly, I'd probably kill myself or at least think about it.

So yeah that's it. That's everything that's on my mind. Just wanted to vent.....sorry if I sounded crazy but it's true. Please don't hate me.
    Maybe you're too good for them lot. No matter what anyone thinks you are beautiful and always will be. Don't degrade urself because one day you will meet that someone who will make u smile and feel good inside.

Until then sleep well sweet princess...

ReputationRep:
    You're crazy if you think I'm reading that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james77717)
    Maybe you're too good for them lot. No matter what anyone thinks you are beautiful and always will be. Don't degrade urself because one day you will meet that someone who will make u smile and feel good inside.

Until then sleep well sweet princess...
    Thanks a lot but if that was true somebody would've fancied me by now. But thanks

Pleaseeee don't be so upset!!! Trust me this is all a phases and it will all go away...and from experience teenage boys only go after girls that draw ready to basically have sex with them,.:teenage boys don't go after pretty girls like you who won't just give yourselves to them...just understand that you are above them...and that u will find s really good guy when u are older xxxxxxxx
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      Be independent and don't try to impress anyone, be you chill.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mayflower320)
      Pleaseeee don't be so upset!!! Trust me this is all a phases and it will all go away...and from experience teenage boys only go after girls that draw ready to basically have sex with them,.:teenage boys don't go after pretty girls like you who won't just give yourselves to them...just understand that you are above them...and that u will find s really good guy when u are older xxxxxxxx
      THANKS so much, but I've been obsessed with spthis since i was 10, that's nearly 7 years.... I don't think I'll be able to stop worryingly about it anytime soon but thank you

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ilgsmwamh)
      Thanks a lot but if that was true somebody would've fancied me by now. But thanks
      This may seem like a dead answer but U just have to wait until ur prince comes. I'm socially awkward af and I cant sustain a convo for more than 1 min. But I waited a bit, Btw I consider myself a -6 out of ten, and eventually I began talking with girls and now I'm really close to a girl now . U just gotta wait a bit cus there will be guys like me ,who are too shy to talk, and will eventually build up the courage to talk to you. And then u will realise that waiting was worth it because u will have a healthy relationship with someone who is loyal and committed rather than some ****boy who just went to the pretty girls cus they wanted to have sex.

ReputationRep:
      I’m your age and have never had a boyfriend either, high school boys seem to always go for the same type, but once you get older they mature and realise their expectations are silly. Don’t focus on love, carry on with your life and focus on you because when your confident in yourself and happier it will all just happen. Theres no use worrying about it, it won’t help you get a boyfriend quicker just enjoy your life and being young and let everything else fall into place😊
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.