Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey everyone, just wondering if any of you can help me.

    I'm thinking about working with children as my career, however I do not know what I want to do specifically, and I'm not too keen on going to uni at the moment but I'm willing to go if I have to for the career I choose.

    I was wondering whether anyone knows of work experience options with children outside of the obvious ones like work experience at a school or nursery. I'm trying to get a broad range so that I can get an idea of what I like and what I don't like and hopefully it'll help me narrow down my career options.

    Thanks for any advice, I'm nearly 17

    Not work experience as such but if you want to work with kids try volunteering for a kids club of some sort. Eg brownies or rainbows. Or maybe holiday clubs that need volunteers. It gives you an idea of the adventure work with kids and something to put a cv or personal statement. Also gives you a chance to see if it’s something you like. Some of these also pay which is an added bonus.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Favourite type of bread
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.