Stuck between friendship groups Watch

username3375512
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m trying to transition to another friendship group in my last year of six form but I can’t seem to get invited to stuff outside school.

I feel I get along with them all fairly well, but one of my closer friends within that group was curious with my decision to hang out with them and their group and not my old friends. They mentioned that it wasn’t like they didn’t like me being there or anything like that, just that it seemed “odd”, and that “it’s like I’m not really part of any group, and I’m not a part of any of their online group chats. Also, ive only been able to meet up with them individually not with the group.

I thought everything seemed okay but my friend asking me that really threw me and my confidence off. What if everyone else in the group feels the same way?

However, I don’t feel close or happy with my old group anymore, as we don’t meet up anymore and I want to be surrounded with people who I enjoy being around.

Any advice?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You are able to be friends who you want to be. If you don't feel close to your old friends and prefer the company of your new friends, that's fine.
username3519790
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
sixth form is what? 16/17 year olds and you're making frienships cliques?? What you're doing comes off a bit creepy and desperate, but maybe that's just me, but the whole trading friends and trying to get into a clique that's obviously exluding you is a bit pitiful. Hang out with people because you enjoy their company not because you want a membership card
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (20)
23.26%
Unconditional if firmed (4)
4.65%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (1)
1.16%
No unconditional offers (61)
70.93%

Watched Threads