Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m trying to transition to another friendship group in my last year of six form but I can’t seem to get invited to stuff outside school.

I feel I get along with them all fairly well, but one of my closer friends within that group was curious with my decision to hang out with them and their group and not my old friends. They mentioned that it wasn’t like they didn’t like me being there or anything like that, just that it seemed “odd”, and that “it’s like I’m not really part of any group, and I’m not a part of any of their online group chats. Also, ive only been able to meet up with them individually not with the group.

I thought everything seemed okay but my friend asking me that really threw me and my confidence off. What if everyone else in the group feels the same way?

However, I don’t feel close or happy with my old group anymore, as we don’t meet up anymore and I want to be surrounded with people who I enjoy being around.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    You are able to be friends who you want to be. If you don't feel close to your old friends and prefer the company of your new friends, that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    sixth form is what? 16/17 year olds and you're making frienships cliques?? What you're doing comes off a bit creepy and desperate, but maybe that's just me, but the whole trading friends and trying to get into a clique that's obviously exluding you is a bit pitiful. Hang out with people because you enjoy their company not because you want a membership card
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.