Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Herts is pretty much my dream school and I'm definitely going to apply to Games Art and Design and I was wondering if anyone can show what work they applied and got in with? I am terrible at gauging my skill level so I worry about not making the cut a lot!

Thank youu ;v;
    as for my work these are some examples (both more polished and rougher work I guess? all in PS): 1 2 3
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysori)
    Hi guys!

Herts is pretty much my dream school and I'm definitely going to apply to Games Art and Design and I was wondering if anyone can show what work they applied and got in with? I am terrible at gauging my skill level so I worry about not making the cut a lot!

Thank youu ;v;
    as for my work these are some examples (both more polished and rougher work I guess? all in PS): 1 2 3

Hey there!

We're so happy you're going to apply for our Games Art and Design degree! We've actually made some videos on what to include in your portfolio for application, which hopefully will be really helpful for you. Here's the one for Games Art, led by the course leader, Neil Gallagher

If you would like to see some of the work of our students, you can also check out this album!

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards,

Rhianna

The School of Creative Arts
    The University of Hertfordshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
    Hey there!

We're so happy you're going to apply for our Games Art and Design degree! We've actually made some videos on what to include in your portfolio for application, which hopefully will be really helpful for you. Here's the one for Games Art, led by the course leader, Neil Gallagher

If you would like to see some of the work of our students, you can also check out this album!

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards,

Rhianna

The School of Creative Arts
    The University of Hertfordshire

Thank you Rhianna!
    This is so helpful! I hadn't seen these so they definitely help clear things up for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysori)
    Hi guys!

Thank youu ;v;
    Are you applying for 2018 entry? If so I am too! Nice to find someone else here who's in love with Herts and Games Art and Design!

Your work is honestly awesome! I think I need to step my game up! Is the 3rd one Sombra from Overwatch by the way??

I'm still working on my portfolio as I'm unsure what my best pieces to include are...

ReputationRep:
    Some nice work indeed there ysori,

I hope you both do well with your applications!

David

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paaru)
    Are you applying for 2018 entry? If so I am too! Nice to find someone else here who's in love with Herts and Games Art and Design!

Your work is honestly awesome! I think I need to step my game up! Is the 3rd one Sombra from Overwatch by the way??

I'm still working on my portfolio as I'm unsure what my best pieces to include are...
    Thanks a lot! Yes it is, I actually do a LOT of fanart.

Thanks a lot David! I hope so too! Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple posts ;o;

ReputationRep:
    No problems! I often don't do double tags either as it confuses the forum!

I'm a fan of fanart, anime and video game art myself. So it's always great to see some quality work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.