Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm an EEA student currently attending university while working part-time. I applied for the maintenance loan under EEA Migrant worker.
    I just have a few questions.

1) I sent the application to the Student Finance England normal address. Not to the one some people have specified for the EEA Migrant worker category. Want to know of this will be a problem for me.

2) Also want to know if there's a certain amount I should earn to be classed as an EEA Migrant worker? Or a certain number of hours I should work per week to be classified as a Migrant worker?

3) Final question, how do they calculate how much do we get as maintanace loan under EEA Migrant worker? Is there a formula orsomething?

Please help thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4keven4)
    Hello I'm an EEA student currently attending university while working part-time. I applied for the maintenance loan under EEA Migrant worker.
    I just have a few questions.
    Hi 4keven4,

I'll answer your questions one at a time.

1) I sent the application to the Student Finance England normal address. Not to the one some people have specified for the EEA Migrant worker category. Want to know of this will be a problem for me.
    It won't be a problem. It may take some extra time to get in the processing queue but it will get to the right department.

2) Also want to know if there's a certain amount I should earn to be classed as an EEA Migrant worker? Or a certain number of hours I should work per week to be classified as a Migrant worker?
    We are looking for you to show that the work you are doing is effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary. There is no set amount you have to earn or minimum amount of hours you have to work.

3) Final question, how do they calculate how much do we get as maintanace loan under EEA Migrant worker? Is there a formula orsomething?

Please help thanks.
    If your evidence is accepted and you are granted Migrant Worker status then you are assessed on the same basis as a Home student. You can use the student finance calculator to estimate what you may be entitled to.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    What are the criteria for my work to be classified as effective, genuine and not of marginal and ancillary?

I mean this is a pretty vague definition.

I work at ASDA 22.5 per week since May 2017.
    I hope this should suffice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4keven4)
    What are the criteria for my work to be classified as effective, genuine and not of marginal and ancillary?

I mean this is a pretty vague definition.

I work at ASDA 22.5 per week since May 2017.
    I hope this should suffice.
    Hi 4keven4

It means that you have to show that you are earning enough to support yourself.

As a Migrant Worker you need to continue to work throughout your studies, so once accepted, you will be required to send evidence of your continued employment, each term, before the payment for that term is submitted.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.