Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying for a business management degree with my A-Levels (Business, Finance and Product Design).

Which Uni should I cut from my UCAS top 5

University of Surrey
    Royal Holloway
    Brunel University
    Coventry University London
    Goldsmiths University London
    University of Westminster
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well, what's your criteria for a university?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Whichever one you like least, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Going to Coventry University's London campus won't be much of a university experience, I suspect.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaskaranSingh17)
    I'm studying for a business management degree with my A-Levels (Business, Finance and Product Design).

Which Uni should I cut from my UCAS top 5

University of Surrey
    Royal Holloway
    Brunel University
    Coventry University London
    Goldsmiths University London
    University of Westminster
    Hey JaskaranSingh17,

Hope you don't mind me offering a bit of advice!

I would recommend looking at the modules offered in each course, and comparing them to see which interests you more. You can find a list of the modules on the International Business Management course page on our website, here. If you click on the module (underlines in blue) you'll be taken to a page describing that module

Another important thing to consider is whether each of the universities you're considering offer a placement year. Placement years give you the opportunity to work in full-time, paid employment for a year during your degree (normally between your second and final year of uni). This looks great on your CV when it comes to applying for jobs after uni! Our placement programme helps our students graduate with a year of experience already under their belt, and we have over 2,300 partners in industry across the world, so you could even gain international experience. Often, placement students are offered a graduate job at the end of their placement if they’ve impressed their employer. This really takes the pressure off in your final year as you can focus on studying for your exams and doing your coursework instead of job hunting.

Have you visited the universities you're trying to decide between? If not, I would suggest having a tour around campus and exploring the local area to make sure you’d be happy to live in whichever place you intend to study at. We run weekly campus tours on Wednesdays which leave Senate House at 1pm and last about an hour. If you can’t make a campus tour, you’re free to come do a self-guided tour. More info on both of those options here.

In addition to that, if you’d like to speak to a member of the teaching team on the course then that can usually be arranged (depending on the academic’s availability). If you contact the Admissions team they’ll be able to put you in touch with an academic who will be happy to answer any questions you have about the course

If you’ve got any questions about life at uni, the facilities, Students’ Union, and Guidlford in general then feel free to ask – I was an undergrad student at Surrey from 2012-2015

All the best,

Ashley
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Surrey has a fantastic reputation in the world of Business. We're ranked second overall in the UK for our Business, Management and Marketing degrees.
    And #34 for Business and management in the UK according to THE.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    We're ranked second overall in the UK for our Business, Management and Marketing degrees.
    That's last year's table

Surrey is down to 27th for Business, Management and Marketing in this year's: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ment-marketing

You probably want to reword your post to say "we WERE ranked second"...to avoid breaking CMA and advertising rules
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    That's last year's table

Surrey is down to 27th for Business, Management and Marketing in this year's: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ment-marketing

You probably want to reword your post to say "we WERE ranked second"...to avoid breaking CMA and advertising rules
    Yikes, my bad!!! I'll just remove it altogether

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the Advice everyone, I'll be taking everything into account before choosing my top 5!

(Just in case anyone was wondering, I'm predicted AAB)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.