Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello...

I was just looking for a little feedback if possible from anybody please.
    I am 23 (considered as a mature student now I think?)
    And the last year I have really had the urge for a slight change in career, I have worked in construction for the past 5 years and completed a 1 year apprenticeship along the way and I always thought that I would pick a trade and go on to be a tradesman but I have really been drawn into the management side of things now and am think to apply for a construction management course preferably with a foundation course.
    I have no a levels or level 3 qualifications but GCSEs and a nice experience in the course i want to take.
    Would appreciate anyone similar experiences or opinions on a chance of a place at a uni.
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaza94)
    Hello...

I was just looking for a little feedback if possible from anybody please.
    I am 23 (considered as a mature student now I think?)
    And the last year I have really had the urge for a slight change in career, I have worked in construction for the past 5 years and completed a 1 year apprenticeship along the way and I always thought that I would pick a trade and go on to be a tradesman but I have really been drawn into the management side of things now and am think to apply for a construction management course preferably with a foundation course.
    I have no a levels or level 3 qualifications but GCSEs and a nice experience in the course i want to take.
    Would appreciate anyone similar experiences or opinions on a chance of a place at a uni.
    Many thanks.
    I decided to go to uni at 23. Studied A-levels in the evening over two years whilst working. I ended up doing some scholarship exams and getting an unconditional offer.

First day in halls and I find that a number of the other 'mature' students in my flat got in without A-levels. I don't think the time spent on A-levels was wasted as I think it helped me develop. That being said, you can get in without them.

All of this will depend entirely on the uni and course you're applying for. Ring their admissions department and find out. Best of luck .

ReputationRep:
    Yes I’ve seen heard a lot of people that have got in without any A-levels and I will be applying for 2018 so I hope they will take my experience into mind for my application, fingers crossed!
    Thanks for the reply!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.