Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like her, but don't know what is going on as she is a bit inconsistent.... Watch

I have a female friend who I sometimes go to the gym with. We were in a shared housing thing last year and although we never really went out or did anything, we would always have breakfast at the same time and we conversed together really well. This year we are in different places but we work at the same place so we still see each other.
    The truth is that I really like her. She is sweet, pretty and really warm. I'm not sure if she realises this however. For instance, over summer I asked her on a date when I returned from overseas travels and she responded by saying "We shall see" with a laughing face. I'm not one to sulk so I can handle rejection and took is as that, we'd still be friends and it would be fine to me. A week before I returned however she was asking me a lot of personal questions via messaging (nothing romantic) about how she wanted to be my gym buddy which was fine by me.
    Upon my return I didn't see her and she somewhat ignored my messages until we bumped into each other. Despite what I thought was tension she warmly greeted me and seemed happy to see me. Next thing I know she agreed to meet me the following week (today) for a session! Now this is where it gets odd...as I went home she told me that she finished at X time and asked me to message her to hang out. I live a two minutes walk from the gym so I thought ok sounds good and messaged her letting her know that I was free. But she didn't respond! So I asked her the next day if she wanted to meet up and no response! So at this stage I'm not too upset (thick-skin, not everything is how we want) and went about my business. Today is my intense session and I look at my phone and she asks where to meet. I told her and she turned up and clearly loved it. As I was about to leave to go home she then convinced me to stay and showed me a few methods as we spoke.
    Now, I am confused. There are multiple theories I have;
    • She is playing me (Seems really unlikely because at no stage has she expressed any feelings or toyed with me)
    • She is oblivious to the fact I like her. This is possible
    • God knows what

I honestly wouldn't be too upset if she didn't want to develop it further but I want to know what is going on. The language barrier can make it hard sometimes and I feel like speaking over text/messaging is so rubbish. It is not like, "HEY, I LOVE YOU!" It is more a case of seeing what is going on. Even now, she sent me a message saying "Keep working!". I am so baffled as to what to do. The only thing I know for sure? I do like her. I don't know how much exactly to be honest.
    I was thinking of texting her and saying I wanted to speak in person but da*** do I say? It might be super awkward and make her feel under pressure (Sorry for typos, also working on some work projects and it is late)

I have a female friend who I sometimes go to the gym with. We were in a shared housing thing last year and although we never really went out or did anything, we would always have breakfast at the same time and we conversed together really well. This year we are in different places but we work at the same place so we still see each other.

The truth is that I really like her. She is sweet, pretty and really warm. I'm not sure if she realises this however. For instance, over summer I asked her on a date when I returned from overseas travels and she responded by saying "We shall see" with a laughing face. I'm not one to sulk so I can handle rejection and took is as that, we'd still be friends and it would be fine to me. A week before I returned however she was asking me a lot of personal questions via messaging (nothing romantic) about how she wanted to be my gym buddy which was fine by me.

Upon my return I didn't see her and she somewhat ignored my messages until we bumped into each other. Despite what I thought was tension she warmly greeted me and seemed happy to see me. Next thing I know she agreed to meet me the following week (today) for a session! Now this is where it gets odd...as I went home she told me that she finished at X time and asked me to message her to hang out. I live a two minutes walk from the gym so I thought ok sounds good and messaged her letting her know that I was free. But she didn't respond! So I asked her the next day if she wanted to meet up and no response! So at this stage I'm not too upset (thick-skin, not everything is how we want) and went about my business. Today is my intense session and I look at my phone and she asks where to meet. I told her and she turned up and clearly loved it. As I was about to leave to go home she then convinced me to stay and showed me a few methods as we spoke.
    Now, I am confused. There are multiple theories I have;
    • She is playing me (Seems really unlikely because at no stage has she expressed any feelings or toyed with me)
    • She is oblivious to the fact I like her. This is possible
    • God knows what

I honestly wouldn't be too upset if she didn't want to develop it further but I want to know what is going on. The language barrier can make it hard sometimes and I feel like speaking over text/messaging is so rubbish. It is not like, "HEY, I LOVE YOU!" It is more a case of seeing what is going on. Even now, she sent me a message saying "Keep working!". I am so baffled as to what to do. The only thing I know for sure? I do like her. I don't know how much exactly to be honest.
    I was thinking of texting her and saying I wanted to speak in person but da*** do I say? It might be super awkward and make her feel under pressure (Sorry for typos, also working on some work projects and it is late)

I spaced it out to read better

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.