Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have a 647.5 UKCAT (mediocre score), SJT Band 1.

At which universities will my UKCAT score be considered competitive enough and so basically which unis should I be hopeful in applying?

I meet the cutoff for quite a few, however I was wondering where my chances are more solid.

I'm not taking GCSES or A-Levels, but I have the equivalents.

ReputationRep:
    You could perhaps consider Birmingham. With a good personal statement, Bristol and Keele. Check out this link for some insight.
    https://www.themedicportal.com/apply...re-2018-entry/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneMists)
    You could perhaps consider Birmingham. With a good personal statement, Bristol and Keele. Check out this link for some insight.
    https://www.themedicportal.com/apply...re-2018-entry/
    Thank you for that link.

What would you say about risking it for KCL with my UKCAT score and 4A* at A-Level (I have the equivalent of that)?

Also do I have a chance at any of the Scottish unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ts4224)
    Thank you for that link.

What would you say about risking it for KCL with my UKCAT score and 4A* at A-Level (I have the equivalent of that)?

Also do I have a chance at any of the Scottish unis?
    Not sure but I think it would definitely be risky. I think Kings put more emphasis on achieved GCSEs, but I'm not sure about your equivalent. You would need the equivalent of 9A* I think at least to guarantee an interview.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Not sure but I think it would definitely be risky. I think Kings put more emphasis on achieved GCSEs, but I'm not sure about your equivalent. You would need the equivalent of 9A* I think at least to guarantee an interview.
    Alright, thank you so much for your help.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention that I was on a gap year, so I have already achieved the equivalent of 4A*, those aren't predicted but achieved scores already. Does this make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention that I was on a gap year, so I have already achieved the equivalent of 4A*, those aren't predicted but achieved scores already. Does this make a difference?
    Oh boy that is amazing. Definitely consider Exeter, you will be a tier 1 applicant.

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy that is amazing. Definitely consider Exeter, you will be a tier 1 applicant.
    Thank you for all the advice you have given me. It's really helped me narrow down my choices.

ReputationRep:
    My apologies for disturbing you again, however I had another question. I have tons of Medicine-related volunteering experience, but zero work experience. Should I then mention my Subway restaurant employment in the employment section or is it not useful, as it is not Medicine related?

ReputationRep:
    My apologies for disturbing you again, however I had another question. I have tons of Medicine-related volunteering experience, but zero work experience. Should I then mention my Subway restaurant employment in the employment section or is it not useful, as it is not Medicine related?
    If you have no other better experience to talk about, then I would include it. As long as you can relate it to medicine in someway (improving communication skills etc.), then it might be worth including.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you have no other better experience to talk about, then I would include it. As long as you can relate it to medicine in someway (improving communication skills etc.), then it might be worth including.
    Alright thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.