Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Radiotherapy and Oncology in January 2018. Could anyone give some advices about what university's are looking for regarding personal statement and if there is any specific work experience that is essential for this course.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Sophie,

I am a Pg Radiotherapy student. The universities generally are concerned about whether you know what radiotherapy is (do not confuse it with diagnostic radiography), team work, work experience in a care setting, at least 1 day observing in a radiotherapy department as a prospective student, demonstration of being a compassionate person, an interest in oncology, an explanation of why radiotherapy is an attractive occupation for you, a scientific background, examples of effective organisational skills, and examples of communication skills with a variety of people.

I hope this helps.

S.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.