The Student Room Group

EPQ

Hi,

I need some help with my EPQ. I'm hoping to achieve an A*

I need help with my 'record of initial ideas' and 'planning review'.

Thank you!!
Just write down all your ideas that you've come up with and all the titles that you've been exploring. I put 3 possible working titles for mine. In the box below it where you outline all the different ideas for research and development, just put in everything that you want to look into or are thinking of looking into. This can be bullet pointed or paragraphed, whatever you like to help get you organised. In your planning review you just need to set yourself deadlines for different things, e.g "have research done by xxx" or "have first draft ready for xxx." It's meant to be a planner type thing, and it's meant to show that you can work to deadlines and it shows you've thought about how much time things take.

The log from what I can remember is worth a good deal of marks and my supervisor told me the best logs show a development of thought. So your log should show your changing thought processes as you go through and complete the project. Best way of doing this is to make each section as detailed as possible and not touch it again, that way your ideas in 3 months time aren't influencing the ideas of today.

I wish you luck
Original post by Ellie_sb1
Hi,

I need some help with my EPQ. I'm hoping to achieve an A*

I need help with my 'record of initial ideas' and 'planning review'.

Thank you!!

Hi :smile: I've moved this over to the EPQ forum for you.

"Record of initial ideas" just basically means writing down your first thoughts - any topics you have in mind, a broad question that needs narrowing down, that kind of thing. You can keep adding to it as you change your mind!

Planning review comes later and is about you reflecting on how you're managing your time, if you're meeting your personal deadlines (which you should be setting) and other things like that. Might be a good idea to make up a timetable of the school year and then mark on it when you want to do what, and try and stick to it best you can :yep:

Good luck with your EPQ!
Reply 3
Thank you both! Super helpful 😊

Quick Reply