The Student Room Group

views on feminism.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 27FT
Because there are still many countries that treat women like **** and their rights are next to nothing?

Well it's those countries that need feminists then not western countries where women already have their rights
Reply 21
Original post by Sparks17
that's great, however as a movement that apparently stands for 'equality' what has it ever done... for men?

Well when it began, the ain was to get women equal to men, making everyone equal, not going to make everyone equal if you give men even more stuff
Reply 22
Original post by babsxox
Such a western-centric view. The entire world isn't like the US/Europe lol. there are still many women around the world trapped in patriarchal societies.

Also are you one of those dudes who watch like one video of a rad fem and think "wow, that's like all of them! all rad fems are the majority!"

oh, ok, you're a troll, you can't think of any valid points, so you resort to insults.
Reply 23
Original post by Kiertan
Well when it began, the ain was to get women equal to men, making everyone equal, not going to make everyone equal if you give men even more stuff

or maybe as men don't need corrupt movements to help themselves!?
if you were to actually think for once, you would work out that I am actually comparing the work that feminism has done for men and women, and you would see they are massively unequal.

Yes they're massively unequal because men already had it "better" than women did at its conception. Like do you really think that it should promote men equally to women, even though women are the group that has less privileges??????
Reply 25
Original post by wonderuss
Well it's those countries that need feminists then not western countries where women already have their rights

thank you! at last, someone who talks sense!
Reply 26
Original post by babsxox
Yes they're massively unequal because men already had it "better" than women did at its conception. Like do you really think that it should promote men equally to women, even though women are the group that has less privileges??????

name me how women have less privileges in today's society!
Reply 27
or maybe as men don't need corrupt movements to help themselves!?

Well they don't, they already are seen as the superior sex and could do pretty much anything where as women were restricted by society
Original post by TheCompStudent
xxx

sorry I couldn't actually be bothered to read any of this, better luck next time xox
Reply 29
Original post by Kiertan
Well they don't, they already are seen as the superior sex and could do pretty much anything where as women were restricted by society

yes, but its all in the past. things are different now. feminism did its job, we don't need it anymore!
feminism was great a few decades ago, but in modern times, it is useless, stupid and sexist. but of course, no one can say anything bad about feminism before its crazy members shout at you and say you're the one that's sexist.

Totally agreed man.Also,to the dude above,I was referring to modern day feminism as stage 4 cancer.Feminism should be advocated in areas where it is actually needed,where women are actually oppressed,and not in the west where most women are abusing the power of this movement for their own personal agenda.
Reply 31
Original post by babsxox
sorry I couldn't actually be bothered to read any of this, better luck next time xox

you obviously did read it all as you knew he was insulting you!
name me how women have less privileges in today's society!

literally look at any developing country lmfao do you really think I'm only talking about feminism in western societies??????
Reply 33
Original post by arizonaidiot
Totally agreed man.Also,to the dude above,I was referring to modern day feminism as stage 4 cancer.Feminism should be advocated in areas where it is actually needed,where women are actually oppressed,and not in the west where most women are abusing the power of this movement for their own personal agenda.

Original post by Kiertan

'were'
Reply 35
Original post by babsxox
literally look at any developing country lmfao do you really think I'm only talking about feminism in western societies??????

feminism is useless in the western world. equality on ALL levels are important in developing lands.
that's great, however as a movement that apparently stands for 'equality' what has it ever done... for men?

That's a bit like asking what a movement pushing for economic equality has ever done for rich people.
Reply 37
yes, but its all in the past. things are different now. feminism did its job, we don't need it anymore!

And thats a perfectly acceptable answer that would get you top marks in your coursework, i disagree mainly on the principle that men are stastically more likely to get top jobs but even that is being solved arguably from feminism and the fact that there are still countries with terrible womens rights

Its done many great things for society in the past, debateable if we need it now, to completly disregard the good is foolish
Reply 38
Original post by wonderuss
'were'

Reply 39
Original post by Kiertan
And thats a perfectly acceptable answer that would get you top marks in your coursework, i disagree mainly on the principle that men are stastically more likely to get top jobs but even that is being solved arguably from feminism and the fact that there are still countries with terrible womens rights

Its done many great things for society in the past, debateable if we need it now, to completly disregard the good is foolish

not necessarily, what is useless and detrimental to society should be discarded, no matter how 'good' it was in its time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending