Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Morning folks, hoping I can exploit your wisdom.

I am in the process of arranging a stag-do for my brother, and reckon we will go away sometime next February. There will probably be five of us going in total. Any ideas and experiences, places to avoid, tips? We enjoy drinking beer, nice civilised surroundings and a city that will have a decent nightlife. We are restricted to anywhere in Europe, preferably a place with reasonable prices for accommodation/drinks/food.

Many thanks,
    KL
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Morning folks, hoping I can exploit your wisdom.

I am in the process of arranging a stag-do for my brother, and reckon we will go away sometime next February. There will probably be five of us going in total. Any ideas and experiences, places to avoid, tips? We enjoy drinking beer, nice civilised surroundings and a city that will have a decent nightlife. We are restricted to anywhere in Europe, preferably a place with reasonable prices for accommodation/drinks/food.

Many thanks,
    KL
    Brussels or Berlin would be good for beer but not too pricey to get to.

ReputationRep:
    the local pub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    What are the prices like once you get out there, also is the nightlife any good
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    What are the prices like once you get out there, also is the nightlife any good
    I m not big on nightlife but in Brussels at the moment and it's the cheapest for food and drinks of the European capital cities I ve been to, we ve had a 3star hotel right by one of the main stations for £100 or less a night compare that to 3star hotel in London and that's dirt cheap. When I looked into going to Berlin it was slightly more pricey but still pretty good. Either city would be good for you if you like your beers.
    Good on you for sorting his stag , my husband suprisingly decided to do all the organising for his

ReputationRep:
    Please don't cross-dress like every other British stag, see them everywhere here and it's pretty pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Brussels is dirty, not much to see unless you love the European institutions, and not that safe at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    Brussels is dirty, not much to see unless you love the European institutions, and not that safe at night.
    Where would you recommend that's reasonable?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.