The Student Room Group

In a very bad situation

Hi
Im an 18 year old student turning 19 living in north london, i got good gcse results and went in to do A level physics, maths and computing. I failed computing but passed physics and maths with 2 D's. The second year of my time at my sixth form i was dropped out of physics A2 with concerns of not being able to do well, Got an E for maths, and was a mark off a C for AS economics which i had picked up that year. Now the sixth form has not let me enroll, and were nearly done with the first term, and i cannot find a college that would take me to resit these courses. I need urgent help as ive wasted enough time as it is, what can i do from here? I was really looking forward to getting into uni to study computer science and IT. Also, my sixth form only told me of their decision not to enroll me at the end of september, and ever since ive been trying to join other colleges.

PS: i was also looking to resit modules of maths to bump my overall grade up to a B, and Physics was linear so the first year doesnt count to your overall grade
Could you apply for different courses at college or see if you could get onto a foundation course at uni?
Also if you dropped out of physics after 1st year you have AS grade in it.
Reply 3
Original post by chica3005
Also if you dropped out of physics after 1st year you have AS grade in it.

nah, turns out the new physics spec doesnt even count AS seperately LOL. complete joke. if anyones thinking of doing physics at a level just dont, unless you were extremely good at the maths gcses and genuinly enjoy physics.

doing a foundation year at uni right now for business management and economics. sucks that i have to do this cause if the AS physics actually did count as a seperate qualification id of had enough tariff points to get into the first year of uni

Quick Reply