Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Psychology lectures same as alevel Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else done psychology A level and finding first year psychology really boring because it's the same content? Like 2 hour lectures about research methods and psychodynamic/humanistic etc but I already know the content. Just have no motivation to study atm

ReputationRep:
    It's probably to get everyone on the same level, I think this is a pretty normal thing, just stick through it and know you'll do really well this year as you already know the content! Maybe use it to try and get ahead on any of the stuff you don't know, or a head start on next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xShula)
    Has anyone else done psychology A level and finding first year psychology really boring because it's the same content? Like 2 hour lectures about research methods and psychodynamic/humanistic etc but I already know the content. Just have no motivation to study atm
    I can imagine it gets repetitive. If it's really bothering you, consider switching. Or look at the pros, you should have an advantage. Psychology has the same sort of "fundamental" ideas. So A-Level is pretty similar to a degree. Stick it out and it should get more in depth as you go. ☺️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.