Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are 14 year olds going for me and no one else? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's really stressing me out as I'd like a Girlfriend but there seems no hope elsewhere,

I'm 17 and I just chat online with people I meet through social media, Xbox and everyone around my age isn't really that interested in me as they show no love or strong liking of me yet recently I've just had 2,14 year old's come tell me they love me and I just don't get how they like me yet no one has really swiped me right on Tinder these past 6 months and those that do never message me and when I openly message them they unmatch...

What do I need to change to get girls my own age?

I feel mature and just don't want prats to come mess me around but that's what I mostly see in women of today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mental Distress)
    I feel mature and just don't want prats to come mess me around but that's what I mostly see in women of today.
    This isn't really the most ideal statement to be making.

And I suppose nobody can answer your query, it's just one of those things. You're seventeen though, just enjoy your life and what will happen will happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodredbeat)
    This isn't really the most ideal statement to be making.

And I suppose nobody can answer your query, it's just one of those things. You're seventeen though, just enjoy your life and what will happen will happen.
    I'm just trying to understand why these 2 14 year old's are after me yet people 16+ ain't. It really has me questioning my personality and my self image.

But I just keep my views on women to myself when around women they don't see that view it's just on the back of my mind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just trying to understand why these 2 14 year old's are after me yet people 16+ ain't. It really has me questioning my personality and my self image.

But I just keep my views on women to myself when around women they don't see that view it's just on the back of my mind.
    This is going to make me sound super old, but here we go... fourteen year olds today - both boys and girls - are so very different to when I was fourteen; from what I've seen (online, friend's kids, etc.) quite a high percentage of young girls nowadays want to be with an older boy, even if it's only by a few months. Why? I have no idea. Do you they think it makes them look cool / mature? I'd hope not, because it doesn't. On the other hand though, some girls are actually mature enough to date someone who is older (same for boys).

Do you think that you possibly pass unfair judgement on the opposite sex or... something? 'cos your comments, for a seventeen year old, leave me a bit miffed. It's almost like you're thinking, "nobody wants me, despite the fact I am perfectly acceptable, so it must be a problem with them..."

ReputationRep:
    It's really stressing me out as I'd like a Girlfriend but there seems no hope elsewhere,

I'm 17 and I just chat online with people I meet through social media, Xbox and everyone around my age isn't really that interested in me as they show no love or strong liking of me yet recently I've just had 2,14 year old's come tell me they love me and I just don't get how they like me yet no one has really swiped me right on Tinder these past 6 months and those that do never message me and when I openly message them they unmatch...

What do I need to change to get girls my own age?

You've worded it badly but I think I get what you mean, a lot of people are in it short term and that whole attitude of just wanted to have sex I dont get - it's no different to having a [email protected] if its purely physical except it doesn't cost you £40 at the bar or restaurant unless you get a public indecency penalty charge.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective, and that might be why you're having issues. Girls tend to be very attuned to people who are nervous around them or don't trust them or whatever and this attitude might be what's putting them off. You just need to put yourself out there a bit more, meet more people. Worst is it falls apart and you are a bit sad for a week but have learned valuable life lessons.

ReputationRep:
    14 year old girls don't sound too bad... I get looks from 14 y/os as well, ain't nothing wrong with it. Hit on them and see where it goes etc

ReputationRep:
    Girls like an older guy! I personally would rather date someone older than me than someone my age. I’m not sure why if I’m honest. All of my friends have older boyfriends too, between 2 and 3 year gaps between them! This is probably why the 14 year old ladies like you, and why you can’t get someone your age...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Tbf age of consent in Italy is apparently 14 so if you're ever really struggling....
    (Original post by bloodredbeat)
    This is going to make me sound super old, but here we go... fourteen year olds today - both boys and girls - are so very different to when I was fourteen; from what I've seen (online, friend's kids, etc.) quite a high percentage of young girls nowadays want to be with an older boy, even if it's only by a few months. Why? I have no idea.
    It's quite simple: 14 year old boys are massive *******s.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.