The Student Room Group

Diploma of higher education

I have an opportunity to study diploma of higher education of English language and literature, yet do not know will it help me to pass to the university later? If so, will the 2 years I spend in diploma be part of the university's study or I will start a new level?
Original post by Autumn light
I have an opportunity to study diploma of higher education of English language and literature, yet do not know will it help me to pass to the university later? If so, will the 2 years I spend in diploma be part of the university's study or I will start a new level?

You could top it up and get a full degree in a year or you could use it to get into 2nd year of university in some places.

Where will you be doing this Diploma and what is your end goal? Would you be able to (and do you want to) finish your degree at the same university, or would you like to use your DipHE to gain entry into another university? If the latter then I would advise caution, few universities accept transfers and even less accept third year-entry transfers.
Original post by Snufkin
Where will you be doing this Diploma and what is your end goal? Would you be able to (and do you want to) finish your degree at the same university, or would you like to use your DipHE to gain entry into another university? If the latter then I would advise caution, few universities accept transfers and even less accept third year-entry transfers.

Thanks for answering Sunfkin!

This diploma is going to be a distance learning through openuniversity.edu website, which is common for many students to attend, that is why entering into another university is my only choice right now :smile:
Thanks for answering Sunfkin!

This diploma is going to be a distance learning through openuniversity.edu website, which is common for many students to attend, that is why entering into another university is my only choice right now :smile:

Are you a international student? That's the international Open Uni url.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending