Turn on thread page Beta

Diploma of higher education watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an opportunity to study diploma of higher education of English language and literature, yet do not know will it help me to pass to the university later? If so, will the 2 years I spend in diploma be part of the university's study or I will start a new level?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Autumn light)
    I have an opportunity to study diploma of higher education of English language and literature, yet do not know will it help me to pass to the university later? If so, will the 2 years I spend in diploma be part of the university's study or I will start a new level?
    You could top it up and get a full degree in a year or you could use it to get into 2nd year of university in some places.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Where will you be doing this Diploma and what is your end goal? Would you be able to (and do you want to) finish your degree at the same university, or would you like to use your DipHE to gain entry into another university? If the latter then I would advise caution, few universities accept transfers and even less accept third year-entry transfers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Where will you be doing this Diploma and what is your end goal? Would you be able to (and do you want to) finish your degree at the same university, or would you like to use your DipHE to gain entry into another university? If the latter then I would advise caution, few universities accept transfers and even less accept third year-entry transfers.

Thanks for answering Sunfkin!

This diploma is going to be a distance learning through openuniversity.edu website, which is common for many students to attend, that is why entering into another university is my only choice right now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks for answering Sunfkin!

This diploma is going to be a distance learning through openuniversity.edu website, which is common for many students to attend, that is why entering into another university is my only choice right now
    Are you a international student? That's the international Open Uni url.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.