The Student Room Group

IB SL Physics or Biology for Chem Eng

Hey, I'm new here and I have a question that I really would appreciate opinions and answers to it. So basically, I'm just starting my IB courses, and I have taken HL maths, chemistry (LOVE CHEM) and geography. I do know that maybe another group 4 subject would possibly be more suitable for chemical engineering, but I really like geography so I'm going to stick to it. As for my group 6, I chose SL biology.

However, even if US universities only require HL maths and chemistry for chemical engineering, should I change my SL to physics? I would really like to know if this would help me in a sense that if it will increase the competitiveness of my application and if it would help me in the long run by A LOT. (I got A* in all sciences for IGCSE btw but I know that the jump to IB makes IGCSE seem like a joke)

Also, I honestly have a better interest in Biology and the teacher is much better than the physics teacher at my school. And from what I've heard from current SL physics students, the teacher can be boring, thus making the subject itself boring.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me THANKS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending