Any fast car lovers here? Watch

This discussion is closed.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
too fast and dangerous, as well as expensive

i'd prefer something small and simple to run.

infact, any car in decent working order would be nice at the moment
GSS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by zymosan2004)
What do you drive now GSS?

I got a hand me down '99 Toyota Avalon 3.0 L v6, 200hp 218 ft-lb
Nothing yet, though I'm 18 I'm yet to take my test...
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Jaguar XJ220 or the Lambourghini Diablo
lucykins
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i've got an 03clio atm...a bit of a sporty one and i love her to bits...but if i could have anyother car i'd have Merc SL PLEASE i got to sit in one once yey! or the renault spider..another car i got to sit in or a maserati spyder...oh yeah! i've decided! i want the maserati the only thing is i can't cope with the HUGE number of horsies and literage...i like my cars to know who is in charge
zymosan2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I saw a Maybach 62 in the dealer parking lot. Got next to it, walked around it. Almost got to sit in it, but couldn't talk the mechanic into letting me in. GRRR...
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's horrible though except for the reclining back seats and the sun roof that becomes see through. It's a stretched S class with a dashboard that looks like Dixons.
zymosan2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that's what I thought until I got to actually touch and see it first hand. The near silent turbo v12. It has the Maybach logos on the headlight bulbs. It doesn't "just only" have reclining airplane styled rear seats, it's the only production vehicle (to my knowledge) to have such sophisticated and comfortable rear seats.

The only thing I hate about it is the two toned paint, extremely ugly and goudy when it's gold and blue, and the square almost s-classish shaped headlights.

It looks better than the Rolls.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by zymosan2004)
It looks better than the Rolls.
I don't know; the rolls does look very good in a dark blue. I also have a thing for the Bentley Arnage T, very comfortable and very fast.

But you must admit in the S class there is plenty of space in the rear, paying 3 times more for a Maybach is a bit silly.
zymosan2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't know; the rolls does look very good in a dark blue. I also have a thing for the Bentley Arnage T, very comfortable and very fast.

But you must admit in the S class there is plenty of space in the rear, paying 3 times more for a Maybach is a bit silly.
The rolls is unique, I like the BMW attention to detail (umbrella, self closing door). However the front just hits me in the head like a club. The front has the forcefulness of a rolls but it lacks the suave.

VW is doing a much better job with the bentley division. I love the Continental GT.

The S Class is a very good car, you are right, that it would be a bit silly, but there are people out there with the dough and they want the recognition. Personally I would go with a BMW 745 if I wanted a luxury sedan. I like the BMW's bold styling. There is also the rumor that BMW might come out with a M7 with a v10. O BABY
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (102)
19.81%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.78%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.42%

Watched Threads