Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I want to know what the mechanical engineering course at warwick is like. I have heard how lots of people do an engineering degree and don't even end up doing engineering and go into finance. Why is this? Also I did Maths for alevel and got an A but did not do Physics however I am considering to do a foundation course first and then get into the mech eng at warwick.
    So those who have done or doing this course... what are the career prospects or what are you interested in going into after your degree? How are the lecturers? Do you feel you are one step ahead with the research etc. Do people just get put off of engineering because it has too much maths and that's why they go into finance?
    I'm guessing it is all male dominated and hardly any girls?
    Do you think it is worth me doing the foundation year and the doing the meng at warwick?
    Any comments would be appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.