Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, it doesn't matter whether or not I solve a huge number of extraordinarily difficult mathematics problems before a test, my grades from mostly equally difficult modules are the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wienerwald)
    As the title says, it doesn't matter whether or not I solve a huge number of extraordinarily difficult mathematics problems before a test, my grades from mostly equally difficult modules are the same.
    Dear Wienerwald,
    it is not the number of problems per se that you solve. You have to attack the problem of exam preparation in a more strategic and systematic way to be efficient. Let me mention a few rules:
    1) Get as many real exams along with their solutions from the institute which organizes your exam.
    2) Keep two or three recent exams in your drawer without looking at them. You will need them later for real-time dress rehearsals.
    3) Now organize the problems in the exams according to topics that you have to master (you can use a spreadsheet for this)
    4) Proceed topic by topic, not exam by exam. You must master a topic and find out your weaknesses. Once you have mastered a topic, write a cheat sheet which contains all important facts, formulas and findings, and especially also the traps and pitfalls that you typically fall into.
    5) Once you have mastered all topics do dress rehearsals to get a feeling for the stress of the real event.

This is it in a nutshell. If you want to know more go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFCi...ature=youtu.be
    or read the book "How to Become an A-Student in Science and Engineering". You can read it for free with kindleunlimited at Amazon.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.