Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How hard is it to get into these three industries without a degree from a Russell Group university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richard10012)
    How hard is it to get into these three industries without a degree from a Russell Group university?
    Large accounting firms don't really look much at universities attended. Until very recently they were very 'A' level driven. This could give the false impression that Russel group universities were favored - but only because people with high grades tend to go to them. I've know plenty of people get in from former polytechnics. The generally had opportunities to go elsewhere but chose a place that suited.

The firms seem to be moving more towards their own assessment tests as a first filter. There are some threads on here about this.

ReputationRep:
    I just looked at KPMG and you need 300 ucas points and at least grades B in Maths and English. RUles me out. MAy as well give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richard10012)
    I just looked at KPMG and you need 300 ucas points and at least grades B in Maths and English. RUles me out. MAy as well give up
    Why dont you look at the requirements of the other firms - as I said above at least 2 have moved away from required A level grades. Alternatively get some entry level job and take ACCA is thats what you want to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.