Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ANY vegan/vegetarian lifters here pls ? Srs. Need some advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've lifted for almost five years now but it's been on and off and my weight has dramatically increased and decreased numerous times so I'm not really new to the gym but I'd like some advice on nutrition.

I'm trying to cut out foods which **** with my digestive system as I think I have IBS and whenever I take too much dairy foods I generate so much mucus people can barely understand the words which come out of my mouth.

Anyone here an experienced vegan lifter and can tell me what supplement I can take to supplement my diet ? My job is pretty intense so I don't always have time to cook large batches of food. There's a vegan blend supplement on my protein which is ****ing expensive compared to normal whey which is to be expected I suppose. I just wonder if any vegans have take it or any other rice or hemp based proteins and could give it the seal of a approval so I know what I'm taking ? I'm wary about soy because of the whole estrogen heresay rumour and I really don't need want low test. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Try this for advice.... The guy is vegan, more experienced and a damned sight stronger than anyone on TSR.

https://youtu.be/hHrysja5lYw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Try this for advice.... The guy is vegan, more experienced and a damned sight stronger than anyone on TSR.

https://youtu.be/hHrysja5lYw
    Solid, thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    "At moderate amounts, soy does not cause feminine characteristics in men. At high amounts, as in twelve servings a day or more, a small percentage of men who are particularly sensitive to soy might develop tender, enlarged breast tissue."

Source

Just watch you don't get almost all your protein from soy, some vegans fall into this trap and it's not good for getting all your aminos. It does have them all but quite small amounts of a couple of the essentials so if you ate almost all your protein from soy then you'd not get enough of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    "At moderate amounts, soy does not cause feminine characteristics in men. At high amounts, as in twelve servings a day or more, a small percentage of men who are particularly sensitive to soy might develop tender, enlarged breast tissue."

Source

Just watch you don't get almost all your protein from soy, some vegans fall into this trap and it's not good for getting all your aminos. It does have them all but quite small amounts of a couple of the essentials so if you ate almost all your protein from soy then you'd not get enough of those.
    If I'm taking two soy protein shakes a day several times a week isn't that a lot though ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadiseFound)
    If I'm taking two soy protein shakes a day several times a week isn't that a lot though ?
    Nope, see where it defines high as 12 servings per day or more? And even if you were and you were one of the small % who do react in such a way, you'd stop eating an absurd amount of soy then go back to normal, no big deal really.

But if you need two shakes a day I would be questioning either how much protein you think you need to eat or why you aren't getting enough from your food

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.