Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I take 3 years of A level instead of 2 years to progress with my business? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've just began my first year of SixthForm (16 y/o). I'm taking Biology, Maths & PE.

HOWEVER, I'm an animator on Youtube and I've accumulated over 350k subs and 50 million views. My animation projects take a very long time to make, which clashes big time with my school work.

I'm under achieving, and I'm feeling pretty stressed out because of it. Should I do 3 years of sixth form instead of 2 so I can focus more time on my Animations while they're still popular? I could be making a lot of money p/y (I don't want to say how much sorry ). BUT, on the otherhand I'll be missing out on normal school life and it might effect which universities I go to.

If anyone has any recommendations, it'd be really appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    down to you wether to take the 3 years or 2 I would just recommend getting a levels to at least have qualifications higher then gcse in case youtube dissolves. Whats the channel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_0)
    Hi. I've just began my first year of SixthForm (16 y/o). I'm taking Biology, Maths & PE.

HOWEVER, I'm an animator on Youtube and I've accumulated over 350k subs and 50 million views. My animation projects take a very long time to make, which clashes big time with my school work.

I'm under achieving, and I'm feeling pretty stressed out because of it. Should I do 3 years of sixth form instead of 2 so I can focus more time on my Animations while they're still popular? I could be making a lot of money p/y (I don't want to say how much sorry ). BUT, on the otherhand I'll be missing out on normal school life and it might effect which universities I go to.

If anyone has any recommendations, it'd be really appreciated. Thanks!
    Unis would want it done in 2 years so either slow down the YT or quit school for YT
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'll definitely plan on carrying on with A levels. My idea is that it'd probably be best to stretch it to 3 years and get higher grades rather than do 2 years and fail a lot of my exams. If I focus on A levels, my animation career's over, but if i focus on my animations my grades are probably going down the bin. I like the idea of 3 years so I can juggle them both, but if anyone thinks it's a pretty crap decision, please lemme know, thanks!=D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_0)
    I'll definitely plan on carrying on with A levels. My idea is that it'd probably be best to stretch it to 3 years and get higher grades rather than do 2 years and fail a lot of my exams. If I focus on A levels, my animation career's over, but if i focus on my animations my grades are probably going down the bin. I like the idea of 3 years so I can juggle them both, but if anyone thinks it's a pretty crap decision, please lemme know, thanks!=D
    As Reece said unis tend to want the a levels done in 2 years so I'm not sure how things would go if you decided for uni that way, if you feel the channel is going well and is sustainable then go with that, no point in going to uni only to have regrets that you didn't pursue it

ReputationRep:
    Finish your a levels first dude, you have your whole life ahead of you just get these two years done and you're free.

On a side note ****ing hell bro you must be talented, congrats on the success of your business.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man appreciate it! Thanks for the feedback. I honestly would just love to be normal and take 2 years, but deep down i know I won't be getting the A A A grade I'm looking for. The same happened in GCSE. My targets were straight As but I ended up with Bs because I was too eager to make more animations to actually revise properly. It's only been 1 month at sixth form and I'm already stressed out like mad because I put my Youtube first before education. It's stupid but I just cant manage it all. I feel if I knuckle down and do 2 years of hard work at sixth form, my youtube will suffer big. And the revenue is very high. I don't like to sound brash and cocky, but just so you get context, I could be making over £70k a year if I focus on my Youtube. I will still take maths for these present 2 years, but take PE & Biology for 2 years in 1 years time.

ReputationRep:
    there's nothing wrong with being a mature student at uni and there are other ways to get there. especially if you apply to something related to what you do on YouTube it'll be hugely in your favour. as long as when you apply to university you have the grades you need it's not so important. What's wrong with taking a break? I didn't do great in a levels but took 3 years off after and now I'm applying to university

ReputationRep:
    I also know plenty of people that did sixth form with 3 years because they wanted better grades so retook a year. speak to your school and see what they can help with because you'll be classed as gifted and talented

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.