Welcome Pack Watch

This discussion is closed.
Elisa-shaped
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I got my welcome pack through today with details about registration and my 'Student Handbook' etc.

Anyway I was ok up to the point where a Tuitions Fee Form arose. It has ocurred to me I haven't got a Registration letter or a Financial Assessment from the Loans Company/LEA whoever was meant to send me this.

I need the form because I don't know even if I'm paying tuition fees or not and how much! I would also like to fill this form in so I can't wait until we start term otherwise I'll have no funding or something cruel like that.

Has everybody else in the entire world got a breakdown of their student loan with boxes including number 38 with the all important figure in? Is it just me that hasn't?! :eek:
MAGICJIM
Report 14 years ago
same here i have the same problem, i emailed them and had no reply if anybody knows what i should do please reply.
thanxxxxxx
Elisa-shaped
Rep:
?
I sorted it out today, the forms needed to fill in the Tuition Fee Form if you haven't got them should have come with the letter from the Student Loans Company it's just a plain black ink piece of paper and the only thing it says is how much money you're entitled and your university and course at the bottom.

If you haven't got a 'Financial Assessment Form' as it says on the Bham form then you have to go back to your LEA (as I did in person) they can't palm you off like they did before on the phone. If you are willing to phone them they can have the form sent to you again - bearing in mind it triggers the form from Glasgow at the Student Loans Company HQ.

As I went in person I got to let them know of my disgust and also got them to write a covernote to put with my Tuition Fees Form to explain why I can't fully fill it in.

Apparently it's in a big nationwide mess and some people don't even have acknowledgement of a loan yet, therefore Warwickshire County Council have assured me that universities will be lenient - ditto
acemaverick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah they really messed up this system in my LEA its taking 8-10 weeks to process one loan application, mine is in the 7th week now still no confirmation of my loan.

As for tuition fees I was wondering when do we actually pay these? As I chose to go for non income assesed support from my LEA I have to pay full tuition fees, but Ive recieved nothing about tuition fees to date.....
Elisa-shaped
Rep:
?
I received notification about payment of tuition fees on Monday. I'm guessing you will have to have sent confirmation of your accommodation to warrant such committment and payment.

If you're paying the whole £1150.00 then on the form you'll put in your name student ID which comes with the Registration literature (registration on-line though) all the other gubbins and then the rest of the form is about numbers and bank details.

It said I had 7 days to complete the form from when it was despatched and there was a fine for everyday it was late. But if you haven't been sent it yet then you don't have to worry but it is a little disconcerting that we will be there in less than two weeks.

I think it's a major foul-up and will be chaos. The best thing to do is pester your LEA in person and don't leave until they've assured you that your application has been processed and all the forms have been sent. It takes 10 days for that financial assessment to be sent (Thing with Box 38 needed for tuition fees form), that might be quicker than just sitting on your laurels and hoping.
acemaverick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do the fees have to be paid as a single lump sum? Or can they be paid in instalments like the acommodation payment?
JaysonG
Report 14 years ago
Thats a good question, cause I always assumed you had to pay in full before you start at the university, but looking at the form it gives you a direct debit option to be paid in termly installments (the provisional dates are 1st November 2004, 1st February 2005 and 2nd May 2005).

I guess you don't have to pay in full...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.42%
No (479)
72.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed