Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so this is a bit complicated. I've just spoken to one of the advisors on the phone but I forgot to ask something.

So I know that I have done one previous year of study 5 years ago, so I've lost that grace year.

If I were to join a programme at one university with an integrated foundation year but then want to transfer to another university after the foundation year has passed, will I still be eligible to be fully funded for the course at the new university? Would this be dependent on if this new university also offers an integrated foundation year so I'd be officially transferring?

Many thanks,
    Kai

ReputationRep:
    Also, I forgot to ask. What if the foundation year isn't an integrated year? Would I still have the full degree funded afterwards? Or would it have to be an integrated course to gain fully funded.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurtbasthallen)
    Okay so this is a bit complicated. I've just spoken to one of the advisors on the phone but I forgot to ask something.

So I know that I have done one previous year of study 5 years ago, so I've lost that grace year.

If I were to join a programme at one university with an integrated foundation year but then want to transfer to another university after the foundation year has passed, will I still be eligible to be fully funded for the course at the new university? Would this be dependent on if this new university also offers an integrated foundation year so I'd be officially transferring?

Many thanks,
    Kai

Hi Kai,

You may choose to change the course that you attend. If this happens and the new course length is the same as before, we will calculate the entitlement based on the duration of the new course and this will not affect their standard entitlement. However, if you transfer to a shorter course we will calculate your entitlement based on the duration of your new course and minus any years of previous study that you have have, you would then have two years previous study.Thanks Rona
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurtbasthallen)
    Also, I forgot to ask. What if the foundation year isn't an integrated year? Would I still have the full degree funded afterwards? Or would it have to be an integrated course to gain fully funded.
    Hi Kai,

To answer your second question,

If you are studying a standalone Foundation Course (usually 1 year in length) this is not designated for Higher Education support and as such is not eligible for funding.

A Foundation Degree is considered a Higher Education course and as such attracts full student support. They are usually 2 years in length and will affect previous study.

You may choose to continue study to gain a degree with either an End -On or Top - Up qualification and then support would continue.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.