Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I somehow achieved A*A*A and got into an LNAT law school in London. I've also been awarded a huge law scholarship after writing an essay and doing a skype interview. However, I come from a really economically deprived area. I'm from a state school and of an ethnic minority. Everyone here is so knowledgeable on things like politics, economics, business, etc which of course really supplement law studies. I however have no clue about these things and law already seems so out of my reach. The textbooks take ages to read and understand and in my tutorials everyone else seems to know how to approach problems. My university is making matters worse by constantly shoving careers and networking events at us. They all seem so middle class and glamorous and I honestly feel like I can't relate to a career in law anymore. Also, I've moved away from home and I'm a really homely person, extremely close with my family (even if I live 3 hours away and go home on the weekends, the effort to do that every weekend is taking its toll on me and my study time). I just feel so depressed. I'm a girl and my flatmates are all older guys and we just don't talk. I just feel so overwhelmed and bad about everything. Honestly feel like I don't belong here. The only thing sometimes that helps is when I'm actually studying back in my flat because it kind of takes my mind off all the negative thoughts but when I initially come back to my flat after uni, all the negative thoughts get too much and I just spend hours crying or feeling sorry for myself rather than just starting my work and taking my mind off it all. It just takes so much effort to actually start, not because I'm lazy or procrastinating but because I genuinely am so upset and feel like ****. I don't know what to do anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Was it King's and was it the Dickson Poon scholarship? I was offered that this year.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hearing you're feeling like that. You've done so well to get to where you are. Is there anyone you can talk to at the uni, like a tutor or student services. I think its quite normal to feel this way, such a big change. Just remember, you deserve your place there as much as anyone else. Maybe join some societies or groups if you feel confident enough ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.