The Student Room Group

funding

I know you must be a Scottish citizen in order to get free university however a friend told me that if studying nursing you can still get it for free without having to be living in Scotland, although I have been researching this I haven't found anything to agree or disagree so please can someone tell me if they know. thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
its still free in scotland. come north you will love it.
Original post by chidnma
I know you must be a Scottish citizen in order to get free university however a friend told me that if studying nursing you can still get it for free without having to be living in Scotland, although I have been researching this I haven't found anything to agree or disagree so please can someone tell me if they know. thank you

Yes, this is currently the case however this is subject to change. The SAAS website has the most up to date information. You need to look specifically at the nursing and midwifery funding for RUK (rest of UK) students.

It is not yet clear with the removal of the bursary whether Scottish universities will struggle with the volume of applicants from England. It may well be in future that a proportion of places are reserved for Scottish students, however at the moment this is not the case.
it would be fair to expect Scottish funded students to commit to some post qualification work in scotland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending