Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would love to do french and an asian language at UCL which means i would need AAA at the end of my A2 year. The a-levels i am doing now are English Lanugage, philosophy and ethics, and French, also i am doing extra spanish then starting my AS next year. Also i plan on doing an EPQ. If i got AAB/AAA in my AS year, would all of this be good enough for UCL? I would love a career in languages
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by pinkdreams3)
    I would love to do french and an asian language at UCL which means i would need AAA at the end of my A2 year. The a-levels i am doing now are English Lanugage, philosophy and ethics, and French, also i am doing extra spanish then starting my AS next year. Also i plan on doing an EPQ. If i got AAB/AAA in my AS year, would all of this be good enough for UCL? I would love a career in languages
    That's a lot to do in your second year!!!:eek:

My advice would be to think very carefully and plan your time wisely.:yep:

I can't see much of a reason for you not to be seriously considered for UCL.:nah:

Obviously, your other qualifications, super-curricular, extra-curricular and personal statement will also play a part.

ReputationRep:
    A member of my family did something similar to you. She wanted to do german and italian, after doing math german and english at A level. She got AAB, which originaly wasn't enough however UCL said they would've let her in that year but the courses were full. She took a gap year but still would've gotten in that year even with AAB and not AAA if the course wasn't full.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 21, 2017

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.