Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AOA_)
    Hey, it's okay

I relate to this 100% and still learning how to deal with it so my advice may or may not be useful

It's difficult not really having the safety net of friends that everyone is pretty much obliged to have but understand that you're only 16 and you will meet so many people in the future and make more, if not better friends.

In the meantime, I wouldn't dwell on it. Try and enjoy your own company more by maybe going places yourself. Even to the park, or a museum or just take a really long bus ride with your headphones in on full blast, idk.

I'm not aware of anything that may be going on in your life, but the whole friends thing is going to pass and if you worry about it too much, when the time comes for you to actually make friends and meet new people it will prove to be more difficult than you anticipated (speaking from experience)

I don't think I helped but I hope you feel better soon. Or at least more than 2 days a week!💜
    Thanks very much. Means a lot 💙

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMurray817)
    Hi.
    Im 16
    I’m struggling mentally. I have symptoms of depression. Which I’m not going to delve into. It pretty much effects me 5 out of 7 days a week.
    My friends have grown distant, I rarely get messages or invited to do stuff. I got told one of my friends had a driving lesson but they were out with other friends. I get physically hit and knocked back as well as verbally via name calling.

What can I do? It’s sucks

At such a young age its difficult to see how a lot of people would take you seriously. Go to your gp, the police if someone hit you and any employer or college teacher.

Ive been through depression and the most important thing to do is ask for help. You dont have to be on antidepressants long term. they can lift your mood to a point where you can be drug free again and then remain that way.

Maybe your friends dont understand.

Seek help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schizodoc)
    At such a young age its difficult to see how a lot of people would take you seriously. Go to your gp, the police if someone hit you and any employer or college teacher.

Ive been through depression and the most important thing to do is ask for help. You dont have to be on antidepressants long term. they can lift your mood to a point where you can be drug free again and then remain that way.

Maybe your friends dont understand.

Seek help
    Thanks man, I’ll probably get an appointment at the doctor and see what they have to say. I don’t want to self diagnose myself

ReputationRep:
    I think I’ll end up visiting the GP with my mam. It will help in the long run I’m sure
    That's great Depression can be difficult to overcome/manage but it's possible (Even without medication. Sometimes it can take only counselling/therapy to help).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooNocturnal)
    That's great Depression can be difficult to overcome/manage but it's possible (Even without medication. Sometimes it can take only counselling/therapy to help).
    I don’t want to self diagnose myself though, just out of respect for those who do have it worst than I do

ReputationRep:
    I don’t want to self diagnose myself though, just out of respect for those who do have it worst than I do
    Its fine, I get it That's why it's best to see the GP. But there is nothing wrong with suspecting it. Though it could also be caused by other factors like your friends. Find better people to surround yourself with, do things that you enjoy (Clubs, sport, Art, etc) which could also help you out.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Thanks man, will sure give it a listen. I’m not sure I would want to respond ohysically. Wouldn’t want to sacrifice my sixth form place for it.

No joke, school wont do anything to you unless you send them to hospital or something. If you do ever resort to something like that then say they're bullying you and hurting you already/have been for a while, they may say "oh go to guidance" but it doesnt do anything to help (from personal experience).

(Original post by Anonymous)
    No joke, school wont do anything to you unless you send them to hospital or something. If you do ever resort to something like that then say they're bullying you and hurting you already/have been for a while, they may say "oh go to guidance" but it doesnt do anything to help (from personal experience).
    Adding more as I cant edit.. but yea, dont do it if you're nearing the end of school, no point in it tbh, it stops it almost 100% of the time so do it if you're sick of it. Your school may be different to my old one as my old one was pretttty bad and didnt care much about fighting.

ReputationRep:
    Don’t get me wrong I’d love to, but with no martial art experience or anything I’m not sure how well it’d go regardless of the concequrnces

ReputationRep:
    Adding more as I cant edit.. but yea, dont do it if you're nearing the end of school, no point in it tbh, it stops it almost 100% of the time so do it if you're sick of it. Your school may be different to my old one as my old one was pretttty bad and didnt care much about fighting.
    I mean I still have marks all up my arms from being hit, kicked and twanged with rubber bands. From this week alone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.