Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure what job to follow: lead writer, game writer,content designers and if non these work then I will try a game designer udemy course,Twitch or YouTube even then I will still do things side show as they are my passions in life,who knows where it will take me in ten years
    for my gcse's I have chosen:
    English
    Maths
    Graphics(DT)
    Business
    Religious Studies
    French
    Combined Science(Double Science)
    plz tell me whether i have chosen the right subjects or not thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draconus)
    Im not sure what job to follow: lead writer, game writer,content designers and if non these work then I will try a game designer udemy course,Twitch or YouTube even then I will still do things side show as they are my passions in life,who knows where it will take me in ten years
    English
    Maths
    Graphics(DT)
    Business
    Religious Studies
    French
    If you want to be in the gaming industry, then I think you should've chose Computer Science. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SBizzy)
    If you want to be in the gaming industry, then I think you should've chose Computer Science. Good luck!
    There's more to Game development than coding lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draconus)
    English
    Maths
    Graphics(DT)
    Business
    Religious Studies
    French
    Graphics or any type of art would be a good GCSE if you want to become a Game designer (Just to clarify, "Game Designer is more an umbrella term. There are a lot of different roles in that type of job which you can aim to follow if you want to)

Computer Science would be a good GCSE to pick (Even though you haven't) as SBizzy mentioned, however not essential. If you've only just completed your GCSE's or just starting them (or half way through?), you still have all of your 2 years of A levels afterwards, then a Bachelor degree after that, so a lot of time for you to hone your skills in both GCSE and in your free time.

Just follow your interests for now, and then do an A level course that works that. I'm in a Game development (University) course and at my uni I know a good amount who don't have a large experience if any in coding but have another skill linked to the course (Art etc), so knowing it all at the beginning isn't needed.

As for writing, focus in your English subjects and if you decide to follow the writing (Story writing for Games or other?), follow your education to follow that

Sorry for the long winded answer!
    Good luck with your education
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooNocturnal)
    There's more to Game development than coding lol
    Obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooNocturnal)
    Graphics or any type of art would be a good GCSE if you want to become a Game designer (Just to clarify, "Game Designer is more an umbrella term. There are a lot of different roles in that type of job which you can aim to follow if you want to)

Computer Science would be a good GCSE to pick (Even though you haven't) as SBizzy mentioned, however not essential. If you've only just completed your GCSE's or just starting them (or half way through?), you still have all of your 2 years of A levels afterwards, then a Bachelor degree after that, so a lot of time for you to hone your skills in both GCSE and in your free time.

Just follow your interests for now, and then do an A level course that works that. I'm in a Game development (University) course and at my uni I know a good amount who don't have a large experience if any in coding but have another skill linked to the course (Art etc), so knowing it all at the beginning isn't needed.

As for writing, focus in your English subjects and if you decide to follow the writing (Story writing for Games or other?), follow your education to follow that

Sorry for the long winded answer!
    Good luck with your education
    thanks for your time i think i will focus on english and graphics also it's almost a term in since i've started my gcse's any how thanks for the advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.