Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, would 3A* 5A's be just enough to get me an interview at UCL for A100? There were extenuating circumstances during GCSE's which prevented me from doing more GCSEs. Also, I haven't done the language GCSE.

I've got a strong personal statement, loads of work experience, long term volunteering and I'd say around 7/10 for extracurricular activities under my belt?
    I got 3A's and a B at AS and 2A*(Chem,Maths) 1A(Bio) prediction for A2 (Dropped AS further maths in which I got the B in).

Do you think the extenuating circumstance will be taken into account for my application and personal statement and predicted grades would be given more value or is it too risky to apply due to the large volume of applicants having exceptional GCSEs?

Also, does the A* that is required be UCL have to be in a specific subject or do they accept A* in anything?

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.