The Student Room Group

Can I change my course at uni now?

I'll just give an example if I want to switch from computer science 1st year to ITMB 1st year? Is it possible? Although they are both computer and technology related. Is it possible?

Any ITMB graduates who gave got a decent professional job. would you guys please guide me? Have you got a good job after graduating in the course? Possible to become IT project manager? I like Information technology, just operating aspects not coding or more. few days in CScience I learned it was not the right choice.
Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
If they're within the same department at your university and if you currently share some modules with them then it might be possible, but I'm not too sure if it's too late now as you will have missed some assignments etc. Email the course leader and ask them if it would be possible to switch to their course. (I did the same thing when I wanted to change course, and the course leaders just email back telling you if they're full, if the modules are too different from what you currently study or if it's too late in the year etc)
Good luck :smile:
Original post by deep93
I'll just give an example if I want to switch from computer science 1st year to ITMB 1st year? Is it possible? Although they are both computer and technology related. Is it possible?
Mainly depends on other people (i.e. the ones who make the decision). Are you planning on changing universities or just courses? As the user above has mentioned, this will depend on your university.:smile:

P.S. I've moved your thread into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:wink:
eHow different are the modules? I know some people where I am now are still changing, albeit with difficulties as cross-department is much harder. Someone I know was rejected a transfer from PAIS to Physics as they had no similarity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending