Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have signed up with a company called fastpass in surrey (where I live). Where I have booked a 40 hour intense course (4 hours a day for 2 weeks). When signing up I stated I was a first time driver and had never driven before. On my first lesson I arrived and he started me off in a busy road (again I have never driven before) and then dropped me off after 2 hours of my 4 hour lesson telling me he would pick me up sometime after 3 pm. I have come home 2 times in the past 4 days crying upset by the fact I have spent all this money for an instructor I do not understand and for someone to be shouting at me and not have any lessons plan instead gets me to read out of the highway code book. Which if I wanted to learn to drive by reading I wouldn't of signed up for this. I do not feel having paid all this money that I should have to struggle to understand my instructor. Today we went to the area of where my test will be taken and he made me go down a 50mph road (remembering I have only been driving for about 13 hours!) With narrow roads loads of bends and him saying over and over again how there is no room for mistakes. He also at one point answered his phone while in a busy. I hate driving now and don't ever want to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Driving can be really stressful and some people just need the right instructor to help them progress, so you're not alone
    Could you call the driving company and ask them if they could send a different instructor for your remaining lessons? Maybe ask for a female instructor? (In my experience, they tend to be more patient and a lot less patronising).

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Petulia . I've had a few instructors and I would class similar as I can be quite jumpy when I start making mistakes. I'd go with a female instructor as the one I had was far more empathetic, patient and carmer. I'd advise to never block book lessons or pay for a lot of lessons in advance until you are sure about the instructor. which normally takes 4-5hrs. Is it possible to quit the school and go else where?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.