Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Music these days is RUBBISH. Craig David's new track: "blah blah blah blah" Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jqFQU_9LbE#t=055s

I'm amazed that he had the brass neck to even bother releasing this. It's so cookie-cutter. Autotune, check. Mumbling you can barely understand, check. Something something the club, something something getting girls, check.

ReputationRep:
    bit of a broad term, saying music these days is rubbish. some is, some isn't. depends on your taste- whether music is good or not is subjective to the person's opinion. i personally have never liked craig david, but let people listen to what they like.

ReputationRep:
    What about these reviews of new music:

"impenetrable labyrinths";
    "bizarre flights of the soul";
    "overloaded and overstuffed"

by Mozart

ReputationRep:
    There is plenty of fantastic music out there, but you have to really have to search for it, navigating the generic mainstream trash and the poor, amateur recordings that anyone can now upload online. Meanwhile, music magazines are also playing it very safe, just pushing out the same pop/EDM stuff instead of riskily trying to promote quality music.

ReputationRep:
    Noone else is amazed at how terrible this track is? Seriously? He literally says, "blah blah blah blah."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fml121)
    Noone else is amazed at how terrible this track is? Seriously? He literally says, "blah blah blah blah."
    don't like him, thus i'm not gonna take time out to listen to a song. there was a song a while ago (the bassline drops) that i bloody hated.

ReputationRep:
    Generic talentless rapper who's vocals are more auto-tune than actual raw vocals... I'm not amazed at all, this is modern hip hop in a nutshell...

ReputationRep:
    So true. Bring back the 90s.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.