Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically I'm 18 on the 2nd of January. I want to party nd stuff but the issue is out of everyone I'd invite only me and one other person would be 18 so I can't go out. 1)I was thinking about a function room with a bar but then people would be annoyed that they can't drink, people might not be able to get in and they hardly ever hold 18ths 2) I was thinking about a village hall but theres still the alcohol issue I don't want angry parents on my case 3)house party is defiantly out the question and I can't have garden party because my birthday in the winter.
    Can anyone please help me I'm so stuck and I'm at the point where I'm thinking whats the point in even having an 18th party

ReputationRep:
    I know you've ruled it out - but Garden party seems the only way. You could really theme it though to fit the winter!! Get people to camp out and bring tents, make a warm fire for everyone to sit around, get some coolers out for alcohol, put some fairy lights around - it could be really cute!

ReputationRep:
    do you actually need alcohol that bad?? just have a day out with friends and invite people over in the evening and those that want to stay over can.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bepsixxx)
    basically I'm 18 on the 2nd of January. I want to party nd stuff but the issue is out of everyone I'd invite only me and one other person would be 18 so I can't go out. 1)I was thinking about a function room with a bar but then people would be annoyed that they can't drink, people might not be able to get in and they hardly ever hold 18ths 2) I was thinking about a village hall but theres still the alcohol issue I don't want angry parents on my case 3)house party is defiantly out the question and I can't have garden party because my birthday in the winter.
    Can anyone please help me I'm so stuck and I'm at the point where I'm thinking whats the point in even having an 18th party
    Know anybody who would let you host at theirs?
    Any other fun activity you could do with no drinking?
    Any chance you could talk to your parents about a garden party with tents or house party?
    Anybody you'd want to have a less crowded party with (like spa trip or day out)?
    Any chance you (/friends) would be happy with fun mock-tails instead of actual drinks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Know anybody who would let you host at theirs?
    Any other fun activity you could do with no drinking?
    Any chance you could talk to your parents about a garden party with tents or house party?
    Anybody you'd want to have a less crowded party with (like spa trip or day out)?
    Any chance you (/friends) would be happy with fun mock-tails instead of actual drinks?
    Ive already spoken to my parents about a garden party but a heated gazebo is really expensive and my mum its point blank refusing to have a house party even though I would only be inviting 10 people.
    I was thinking about a meal out because I'm super close to everyone I'm inviting but I don't know if that would get awkward because half are school friends but the rest are people who I dance with I'm not sure.
    I might see if anyone will let me host a house party at theres thats an idea thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lowza)
    I know you've ruled it out - but Garden party seems the only way. You could really theme it though to fit the winter!! Get people to camp out and bring tents, make a warm fire for everyone to sit around, get some coolers out for alcohol, put some fairy lights around - it could be really cute!
    oh my god thats such a good idea my dad has like a chimeneer that could keep us warm and at the end of the day there'd only be about 10 people - thank youuu!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.