Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

uhh so this white guy @ my college won't stop being racist Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's this guy who has been a right jerk to me before (saying that I was lying when I said I had faced racism, while he insisted that he, a white guy, faced racism for being ginger - I wish I was joking, truly) which prompted be to leave the club I was in with him like immediately, I really wasn't going to bother to talk sense into him, as a poc I shouldn't have to be an 'educator' for these people.

Anyway, recently, in this bus groupchat we have in the college, he used the n-word. I thought about reporting it, knowing that when I had done previously with some other white kid nothing had happened, but today it turned out he'd been getting antisemetic to a Jewish friend of mine, so I was like, what do I have to lose?

And he decided to throw a strop, trying to argue with me for like two hours, while using the n-word in it's different forms (like n*gro, spelt in a phonetic form, n*gga again) three more additional times. And he called me racist for 'racially targeting' him bc I said that white people can't use the word, which includes him. He also flaunted the fact that since this hasn't happened on school grounds, there's nothing school authority can legally do.

After that, he added in a bunch of people who don't like me and happen to be his friends into the groupchat so they could read anything. I already have people shouting 'cultural appropriation' in the halls at me whenever I walk by since this ginger guy and his friends disagreed with me that white girls wearing bindis as #aestheticfacepaint for a music festival was cultural appropriation, and they enjoy tormenting people apparently. So yeah, probably gonna be more of that tomorrow, sure love this place.

So uhh, anyone know what I can do? I can go to the head of sixth again with this new info, but people are telling me it's not worth it and that it won't do anything. But I know I'll still do that, because I'm not the sort to sit back and let people just be massive racists with no repercussions. Then again, there are gonna be no repercussions, and I'm gonna just get clowned even more.

Sigh.

MASSIVE sigh.

At least in America students get called out and suspended for a day or two, jeez. And I doubt anyone really would care enough to try to do something? Like the local newspaper wouldn't at least start a dialogue about the restrictions British schools have in punishing racism or something.

Yikes.

[Update no. 1] - on the same day

Haha, guess who just got put back into the group and saw a bunch of people calling me straight-up insane, stupid, some guy made a really disgusting sexual image of me? When I said I hoped he did something more obviously incriminating, I didn't mean a groupchat full of people ranting about me. Oh my actual god, I'm shaking, people I didn't even know disliked me are saying the most putrid stuff. How the hell am I going into college tomorrow??

[Update no.2] - next day

Uh well, this definitely gotten out of hand. They're scared out of their lives that I've told the head, and they've put forth a 'nuclear option' where they're gonna take me to court for sending some girl death threats? I have absolutely done nothing of the sort? Her mother's a lawyer so their trying to sort stuff out rn. Like are they using apps or photoshop to doctor something together? I seriously don't know why I keep getting into these situations, like it's an option between keeping my mouth shut n justice and, like the tiny pre-serum captain america I am, I don't go for the sensible route.

Also, rather interesting to find out that the head of sixth apparently told ginger that he 'clearly' wasn't racist and that he's not in trouble. Same one who let this other white guy who said the n word loud and clear off so easily, even though it happened on school grounds - this guy went onto ripping down my posters for my campaign for student president, and replacing them with his own, which his friend group all partook in, which included this group to harass me in the halls, making fun of me. I had to speak to different teachers on different days, including the head of sixth, but he continued his fckery and got the position - I couldn't even produce posters at a higher rate than them ripping them down.

I remember bringing this up because the whole ordeal had me upset, But I was just given campaign tips and refusals that any wrongdoing had happened, the head denying that I was right in my view, trying to convince me that I had remembered it wrong - and something like, "Oh but I just saw one of your posters!" (the only ones that lasted were either somewhere no one even went, or right outside her office). Really, why on god's green earth did I decide to go to this white of a school?

ReputationRep:
    Bang Outta Order

ReputationRep:
    can't relate my school is like 99.9% asian ayyyyye

ReputationRep:
    honestly, forget about him. I think he might have racially abused at some point. because gingers do. there was a boy in my year last year who was bullied the the colour of his hair, just because he was ginger?!?!?!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    can't relate my school is like 99.9% asian ayyyyye
    it's tipex white here n im suffering, real jelly x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatimaBouraoui)
    honestly, forget about him. I think he might have racially abused at some point. because gingers do. there was a boy in my year last year who was bullied the the colour of his hair, just because he was ginger?!?!?!!?
    yh i get that and it's wack but being ginger isn't a....race....like being mean to ginger people is just prejudice n it can't be racist? like its not just white people who are ginger lol

ReputationRep:
    Big Mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uniisscary)
    yh i get that and it's wack but being ginger isn't a....race....like being mean to ginger people is just prejudice n it can't be racist? like its not just white people who are ginger lol
    exactly, the boy I was talking about was actually mixed.
    I believe that some people just aren't educated enough. like they don't understand that we are all the same, just that the level of melanin in our skin is different.
    for example, for me, everyone assumes I'm adopted because my parents and siblings are so dark, whereas I'm so white. the amounts of times people thought it'll be funny to make a joke about that is unbelievable.

like that is bad n wack like

white ppl be k-k-k krazy loooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatimaBouraoui)
    exactly, the boy I was talking about was actually mixed.
    I believe that some people just aren't educated enough. like they don't understand that we are all the same, just that the level of melanin in our skin is different.
    for example, for me, everyone assumes I'm adopted because my parents and siblings are so dark, whereas I'm so white. the amounts of times people thought it'll be funny to make a joke about that is unbelievable.
    ommggg I have the same issue!! I'm so pale in comparison to my mum n sibling people r always assuming like I'm....not related or they make jokes about me being white and adopted... it sucks x

Yeah he's the racist. However you'll find white people defend him claiming there's nothing wrong with the n-word, he's just an idiot etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    like that is bad n wack like

white ppl be k-k-k krazy loooool
    I hope he k-k-k-komes to his senses lmaooo

lmao, all the gingers I've known have all been big racists.

If he says the n-word you have justification to whack him a bit, just saying.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      lmao, all the gingers I've known have all been big racists.

If he says the n-word you have justification to whack him a bit, just saying.
      i gotta batman vigilante it in a lawless sixth ig
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      There's this guy who has been a right jerk to me before (saying that I was lying when I said I had faced racism, while he insisted that he, a white guy, faced racism for being ginger - I wish I was joking, truly) which prompted be to leave the club I was in with him like immediately, I really wasn't going to bother to talk sense into him, as a poc I shouldn't have to be an 'educator' for these people.

Anyway, recently, in this bus groupchat we have in the college, he used the n-word. I thought about reporting it, knowing that when I had done previously with some other white kid nothing had happened, but today it turned out he'd been getting antisemetic to a Jewish friend of mine, so I was like, what do I have to lose?

And he decided to throw a strop, trying to argue with me for like two hours, while using the n-word in it's different forms (like n*gro, spelt in a phonetic form, n*gga again) three more additional times. And he called me racist for 'racially targeting' him bc I said that white people can't use the word, which includes him. He also flaunted the fact that since this hasn't happened on school grounds, there's nothing school authority can legally do.

After that, he added in a bunch of people who don't like me and happen to be his friends into the groupchat so they could read anything. I already have people shouting 'cultural appropriation' in the halls at me whenever I walk by since this ginger guy and his friends disagreed with me that white girls wearing bindis as #aestheticfacepaint for a music festival was cultural appropriation, and they enjoy tormenting people apparently. So yeah, probably gonna be more of that tomorrow, sure love this place.

So uhh, anyone know what I can do? I can go to the head of sixth again with this new info, but people are telling me it's not worth it and that it won't do anything. But I know I'll still do that, because I'm not the sort to sit back and let people just be massive racists with no repercussions. Then again, there are gonna be no repercussions, and I'm gonna just get clowned even more.

Sigh.

MASSIVE sigh.

At least in America students get called out and suspended for a day or two, jeez. And I doubt anyone really would care enough to try to do something? Like the local newspaper wouldn't at least start a dialogue about the restrictions British schools have in punishing racism or something.

Yikes.
      Keep a record of anything like this so you can use it as evidence if you need to, but unless it gets worse or keeps on happening there's not much to be done. He's a D and you just need to try to avoid him.
      If it keeps on happening or gets and worse, it would probably class as harassment or bullying which the college could get involved in, but otherwise it's just somebody saying mean stuff now and then.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kindred)
      Keep a record of anything like this so you can use it as evidence if you need to, but unless it gets worse or keeps on happening there's not much to be done. He's a D and you just need to try to avoid him.
      If it keeps on happening or gets and worse, it would probably class as harassment or bullying which the college could get involved in, but otherwise it's just somebody saying mean stuff now and then.
      Well I'm never not taking screenshots!! Sorta hope he has the gall to do more so I can at least not seem so dramatic to my sixth? Super-duper blocking him rn tho

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
      wtf is this
      ur asking me m8, wish i fckin knew
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Well I'm never not taking screenshots!! Sorta hope he has the gall to do more so I can at least not seem so dramatic to my sixth? Super-duper blocking him rn tho
      Good call

ReputationRep:

Sigh.

MASSIVE sigh.

Yikes.
      Haha, guess who just got put back into the group and saw a bunch of people calling me straight-up insane, stupid, some guy made a really disgusting sexual image of me? When I said I hoped he did something more obviously incriminating, I didn't mean a groupchat full of people ranting about me. Oh my actual god, I'm shaking, people I didn't even know disliked me are saying the most putrid stuff. How the hell am I going into college tomorrow??

ReputationRep:
      Seems pretty douchey of him to do all of that but he's probably had a troubled past. Although, him getting bullied for being ginger isn't technically "racist" but it seems that "racist" is a general term used for discrimination these days, so i think that's what he meant.

But this isn't to say that white people don't experience racism; a white person living in a black/middle eastern neighbourhood would most likely get bullied just for being white and society wouldn't give two sh*ts because for some reason, only non white people can be victims of racism and only white people are racist.....

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.