Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

uhh so this white guy @ my college won't stop being racist Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uniisscary)
    Haha, guess who just got put back into the group and saw a bunch of people calling me straight-up insane, stupid, some guy made a really disgusting sexual image of me? When I said I hoped he did something more obviously incriminating, I didn't mean a groupchat full of people ranting about me. Oh my actual god, I'm shaking, people I didn't even know disliked me are saying the most putrid stuff. How the hell am I going into college tomorrow??
    Do you go to school for them???? No!! You go for your education. I know it sounds lame. But IGNORE THEM. They are seriously bored and couldn't find anything better to do with their life.

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    lmao, all the gingers I've known have all been big racists.

If he says the n-word you have justification to whack him a bit, just saying.
    LOL a lot of the girls that are ethnic minorities on TRS have some sort of fetish for ginger guys and worship them.

Just type it up on student room and you know what I am talking about.

(Original post by ElAshtonio)
      Seems pretty douchey of him to do all of that but he's probably had a troubled past. Although, him getting bullied for being ginger isn't technically "racist" but it seems that "racist" is a general term used for discrimination these days, so i think that's what he meant.

But this isn't to say that white people don't experience racism; a white person living in a black/middle eastern neighbourhood would most likely get bullied just for being white and society wouldn't give two sh*ts because for some reason, only non white people can be victims of racism and only white people are racist.....
      Stop being an apologist for the ginger guy.

The story is pretty obviously that the ginger thinks people of colour don't face institutional discrimination these days, and used the n-word in a casual manner without caring about causing offense, then got angry when OP told him white people shouldn't be using these colonial words. He then tried to provoke OP by saying other variants of the n-word, and did the usual argument white people use to make themselves appear the victim ("oh but its racist if you can say the word but we can't").

OP also got into an argument with him about cultural appropriation, and the ginger's friends thought it would be hilarious to harass OP about it for some reason.

Sounds like the ginger had a privileged upbringing if anything, rather than simply being "troubled". I know many people on this forum who sound exactly like ginger guy.

ReputationRep:

The story is pretty obviously that the ginger thinks people of colour don't face institutional discrimination these days, and used the n-word in a casual manner without caring about causing offense, then got angry when OP told him white people shouldn't be using these colonial words. He then tried to provoke OP by saying other variants of the n-word, and did the usual argument white people use to make themselves appear the victim ("oh but its racist if you can say the word but we can't".

OP also got into an argument with him about cultural appropriation, and the ginger's friends thought it would be hilarious to harass OP about it for some reason.

Sounds like the ginger had a privileged upbringing if anything, rather than simply being "troubled". I know many people on this forum who sound exactly like ginger guy.
      Well, do people of colour even face institutionalised discrimination in this day and age? Go back to pre 1960s and yes, I would wholeheartedly agree that they are victims of racism but surely not today, not in the UK at least. But the ginger guy's attitude towards people of colour needs to change or he'll get what's coming to him very soon.

ReputationRep:
      Well, do people of colour even face institutionalised discrimination in this day and age? Go back to pre 1960s and yes, I would wholeheartedly agree that they are victims of racism but surely not today, not in the UK at least. But the ginger guy's attitude towards people of colour needs to change or he'll get what's coming to him very soon.
      my dude the OP is speaking from their own personal experience of this one dude stop pushing other irrelevant discourse into this thread :/ if you ain't got anything helpful to say, don't say it lmao

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by babsxox)
      my dude the OP is speaking from their own personal experience of this one dude stop pushing other irrelevant discourse into this thread :/ if you ain't got anything helpful to say, don't say it lmao
      Hmmm, I suppose I'm not helping the situation by bringing this up. Have a nice day!

ReputationRep:
      Hmmm, I suppose I'm not helping the situation by bringing this up. Have a nice day!
      yeah you really aren't, next time please actually think about the context of a thread before trying to turn it into an ideological argument thanks uwu

ReputationRep:
      Of course white people can use the n word. It may be seen as distasteful or racist, but words aren’t anyone’s property, least of all the property of a certain race.

If black people are so offended by the n word then they should stop using it themselves so that it gradually falls out of use.

ReputationRep:

The story is pretty obviously that the ginger thinks people of colour don't face institutional discrimination these days, and used the n-word in a casual manner without caring about causing offense, then got angry when OP told him white people shouldn't be using these colonial words. He then tried to provoke OP by saying other variants of the n-word, and did the usual argument white people use to make themselves appear the victim ("oh but its racist if you can say the word but we can't".

Do they happen to also be ginger? Seems like there's an epidemic of gingers oppressing POCs. Also encouraging to see that this struggle is recognised by the two unironic reps.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
        Of course white people can use the n word. It may be seen as distasteful or racist, but words aren’t anyone’s property, least of all the property of a certain race.

If black people are so offended by the n word then they should stop using it themselves so that it gradually falls out of use.
        White people themselves decided that words are peoples' property. One example being trademarks.

Can't suddenly decide to stop playing by the rules just cuz things have changed

ReputationRep:
        White people themselves decided that words are peoples' property. One example being trademarks.

Can't suddenly decide to stop playing by the rules just cuz things have changed
        No, trademarks are a specific collection of words or phrases that cannot be used by another company to promote their product. But other than that those words and phrases can still be said at will by anyone and everyone. A standalone word is not owned by anyone and there is no way to stop others from physically uttering it.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by babsxox)
        yeah you really aren't, next time please actually think about the context of a thread before trying to turn it into an ideological argument thanks uwu
        lmao im cackling thank u xx

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by FatimaBouraoui)
        honestly, forget about him. I think he might have racially abused at some point. because gingers do. there was a boy in my year last year who was bullied the the colour of his hair, just because he was ginger?!?!?!!?

Oh my Christ.

Being ginger is not a race.

I cannot believe I had to type that out.

ReputationRep:
        OP, multiple people are insulting you, someone made an obscene image of you?

This is archetypal cyber bullying. The first thing you do tomorrow is go to your head of year, and show this WhatsApp thread.

The fact that he has used the n-word three plus times is grounds enough for him to be in **** street. Let alone the rest of the attack.

Go to school and make a serious complaint of racism and harassment. Schools are often ineffective when it comes to discipline, but one thing they really do have a zero tolerance on is racism.

I feel so sorry for you right now, just remember that those idiots don't mean anything to you, they aren't worthy to lick your shoes. You have you friends and your loved ones, and you know what a valuable person you are, and that is all the matters.

ReputationRep:

Noah fence but I love this, it really sums everything up. Such a need to be victimised when it's just not realistic - he's rich, his mum has like 6 jobs (not in the poor I can't afford anything way, like in the - she's got a lot of senior positions kinds of way, and he regularly uses this to try to prove sexism isn't real, and I would laugh at the notion that his educated white mother is the ultimate proof, if it weren't so sad, that is), and he's genuinely dedicating his EPQ to the argument that gingers face the most amount of sht by society and that he's so oppressed.

ReputationRep:
        why don't you just leave the group? lol

ReputationRep:
        This is bad and you need to report it immediately. If they do nothing maybe report it to the police? It pretty much cyber bullying at this point, and he seems like such a privileged ****. I simply don't understand why people have the need to be racist, and/or why people don't understand that humans are the same regardless of skin colour.

And its not like its a bad thing reporting this. Him and his racist friends could seriously cause havoc when their older if they keep this up-evil tends to flourish greater in groups and god knows what events will happen between them. We can assume its not good.

Reporting this is the best thing to do. Plus, show this to some of your black, Jewish or any minority friends, maybe a larger group could convince your heads of college or any superior to actually give a **** and do something. Maybe threaten the head as to why he's not doing anything? It will make a good news headline and you'll earn some extra dosh along the way .
        Maybe add your ethnic minority friends to this group chat, you know, let them back you up. Maybe they won't say anything with a large black audience. If they do you can use this tension as even further evidence to get them ****ed, but this isn't the best option. In my school, most people would've scrapped, but that's your choice really. usually not the best option, but kicking the **** outta him could sort him out...or enrage him further.

Anyways good luck bro, hope you get this sorted out. Just don't forget you're doing the right thing, keep your head high, and when the school comes to know of these ***** getting expelled, i'm sure you'll get some sort of praise

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by mc_miah)
        This is bad and you need to report it immediately. If they do nothing maybe report it to the police? It pretty much cyber bullying at this point, and he seems like such a privileged ****. I simply don't understand why people have the need to be racist, and/or why people don't understand that humans are the same regardless of skin colour.

And its not like its a bad thing reporting this. Him and his racist friends could seriously cause havoc when their older if they keep this up-evil tends to flourish greater in groups and god knows what events will happen between them. We can assume its not good.

Reporting this is the best thing to do. Plus, show this to some of your black, Jewish or any minority friends, maybe a larger group could convince your heads of college or any superior to actually give a **** and do something. Maybe threaten the head as to why he's not doing anything? It will make a good news headline and you'll earn some extra dosh along the way .
        Maybe add your ethnic minority friends to this group chat, you know, let them back you up. Maybe they won't say anything with a large black audience. If they do you can use this tension as even further evidence to get them ****ed, but this isn't the best option. In my school, most people would've scrapped, but that's your choice really. usually not the best option, but kicking the **** outta him could sort him out...or enrage him further.

Anyways good luck bro, hope you get this sorted out. Just don't forget you're doing the right thing, keep your head high, and when the school comes to know of these ***** getting expelled, i'm sure you'll get some sort of praise
        Haha, this is so optimistic that it sorta makes me sad. I am getting my poc folk together to strategize rn, one's sent an email out for me already, I'll be seeing another who goes to the other college the other offenders in the gc r from, so hopefully we can put together a trans-college attack plan.

I don't really feel like I'm gonna be taken seriously, I just never am - they're gonna get a....detention...like at the most and will be on their way, you know? Some kids who pushed me into an active road when I was younger didn't even get that, sucks that I'm used to it.

News would be great, but how would I even frame it? Oi oi local newspaper the whites r back at it again pls help lmao... Maybe I could write an expose piece on the blatant disregard for racist views and bullying within sixth form authority in the city or smthn? The head would laugh at me if I suggested that, I can imagine it now.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by uniisscary)
        it's tipex white here n im suffering, real jelly x
        run run run run run bc you'll become triggered and dead like them

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Twinpeaks)
        OP, multiple people are insulting you, someone made an obscene image of you?

This is archetypal cyber bullying. The first thing you do tomorrow is go to your head of year, and show this WhatsApp thread.

The fact that he has used the n-word three plus times is grounds enough for him to be in **** street. Let alone the rest of the attack.

Go to school and make a serious complaint of racism and harassment. Schools are often ineffective when it comes to discipline, but one thing they really do have a zero tolerance on is racism.

I feel so sorry for you right now, just remember that those idiots don't mean anything to you, they aren't worthy to lick your shoes. You have you friends and your loved ones, and you know what a valuable person you are, and that is all the matters.
        Firstly thank you so much for the inspiring stuff! But, to my lament, apparently I can't to sht on racial terms bc it's "off school grounds" and he isn't directly calling me the slurs or anything - I already reported him for the first time he used it, and he was told that he was "clearly" not being racist and that he was fine. Like, the head of sixth said scoffed fondly and said "silly boy" when I reported him. I genuinely feel so powerless and I hate it so much, They just get to do whatever with no repercussions while minorities have to suffer from the toxic ideologies they're spewing out to society. I know I'm struggling for no reason and it's gonna be me who pays the emotional price at the end of the day. I wish there was some higher authority who actually cared about something like this. I've never seen a school react well ever against acts of injustice, it's like they're tolerant towards intolerance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.