Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I wanted to make a thread for everyone applying to St Catherine's. Let's introduce ourselves!

Course: Geography
    Why I chose st.Catz: I liked the sense of community and the centrality of the main court.
    Other universities:
    Durham
    Lse
    Exeter
    Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Course: GeographyCountry: UKWhy I chose st.Catz: I liked that it seemed smaller and more 'close knit'Other universitiest AndrewsEdinburgh UCLQueen's Belfast

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am Eni from Hungary, also applying to St. Catz this year.
    I hope to study Computer Science, and I decided to apply to St. Catz, because I really appreciate learning from people around me but I was afraid that with the intense competition, which takes place at Cambridge (as they are being compared to each other when they try to get their desired grades) people may take an individualistic approach. I really do not want to do so, or being surrounded by people who decide so, because one of the main reasons why I would love to go to Cambridge is the opportunity to share and develop ideas together with other highly motivated people. So when looking at the colleges I was trying to find one having a reputation of being friendly and social, preferably small size and so more close-knit. I am really excited to see how my application turns out I just hope to get the interview dates (or rejection) as fast as possible, because thanks to a scholarship I study in Singapore and if I get invited to an interview I need to modify my christmas flight to home to an earlier date which is going to be really really expensive if they just give a week or two prior notice. Well, lets hope that the notification "shorty after 15th Nov." really means shortly after the given date....

Oh, btw guys before me, studying Geography sounds so nice! I am taking it for IB and the problems it raises are so amazing! (and terrifying sometimes, I am really trying to go plastic free now, that I studied what an impact exactly has on wildlife and us, humans with it after disposed) I hope to meet you guys some day, you know using Computer Science to solve Geo challenges can be so powerful!

@threepio2000 my other choices are also really similar: Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Imperial, UCL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.