Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in the provisional stages of planning an EPQ and I have to hand in my initial proposal. I'd really like to do it about different parenting styles and how they affect children and if there is a superior method, however I'm not entirely sure how to word this as a concise title/ question. Any help would be appreciated and please let me know what your EPQ title is if you're doing one. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe something like 'How do parenting styles impact the development of children?' I assume you're looking into the psychological impacts, so maybe mention this in the question? Honestly it's really hard to write a good title, I've changed mine at least 3 times through the process, so don't worry about it too much since you should be able to change it as you go along.
    My question is 'How has the Japanese colonisation of Korea impacted South Korean political discourse?' It's a bit of a mouthful haha. I originally started with a question that was researching the impact on political culture, but it was a bit too abstract. To research political culture, I would've had to use surveys but since there aren't many around (and certainly much fewer in English) I couldn't really do my research without flying to Korea and carrying out a survey myself, which is obviously completely unrealistic.

So, in a very longwinded way (sorry), I'm saying that as long as you have a general outline of what you want to research in your initial question, you can tweak it as you go along and make it more specific once you find the sources you need etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellala)
    Maybe something like 'How do parenting styles impact the development of children?' I assume you're looking into the psychological impacts, so maybe mention this in the question? Honestly it's really hard to write a good title, I've changed mine at least 3 times through the process, so don't worry about it too much since you should be able to change it as you go along.
    My question is 'How has the Japanese colonisation of Korea impacted South Korean political discourse?' It's a bit of a mouthful haha. I originally started with a question that was researching the impact on political culture, but it was a bit too abstract. To research political culture, I would've had to use surveys but since there aren't many around (and certainly much fewer in English) I couldn't really do my research without flying to Korea and carrying out a survey myself, which is obviously completely unrealistic.

So, in a very longwinded way (sorry), I'm saying that as long as you have a general outline of what you want to research in your initial question, you can tweak it as you go along and make it more specific once you find the sources you need etc.
    Thank You!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.